+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First Time Poster

Hey guys,

After following this message board for about 3 years, I've finally decided to post! Just wanted to introduce myself, haven't missed a Giants game since 98, born in long island and currently live in Tallahassee, Florida (Law School). I really enjoy a lot of your guys input and want to thank you guys for providing the best team message boards I've ever seen.

Anyway, I just wanted to point a few things out after last weeks game.

1. I have to clap it up for Perry Fewell. For as much as people complain about our defense (especially our secondary), he always draws up a beautiful scheme in big games. Everyone knew to stop the run and throw in a lot of man coverage, but it's another thing to be able to blend it all together and to get your players to execute. For a team that's always hurt or banged up at multiple positions, it takes a lot to be able to mix and match different players to find the right fit to win.

2. I think we've all become spoiled with a Quarterback like Eli Manning. Yeah, he took his licks earlier in his career, but the strides he's taken as a leader and field general are unbelievable. I truly believe that if the ball is in his hands in the 4th quarter, he will put us in a position to win. I also appreciate the way he handles himself on and off the field, couldn't ask for a better QB in the New York media.

3. For as much hate as Bradshaw gets, the guy is just a flat out warrior. Every player has his flaws, but if there is one thing I want my player do to it's to play HARD. This guy runs hard on bad feet and ankles every week. Sometimes the holes just aren't there, and people forget the O-line has a huge responsibility in the run game too. Not saying he is being held back by the o-line, just saying it's not always his fault. Overall I think he is a great player who is one of those guys who leads by example, and I'm happy a guy like David Wilson will be learning his work habits from Bradshaw.

Those are just some thoughts I wanted to share with you guys. Hoping to post much more and let's go kick some Skins *** next week. Go Giants!

Welcome to the boards. And good luck with Law School.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Welcome aboard!!!!!
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Your points are all valid and I agree with you. Bradshaw can claim a considerable amount of credit for our 2 Super Bowl runs and Eli is a once in a lifetime exceptional football player that we are so lucky to have on this team. THANK YOU ERNIE A and WELLINGTON M!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    Your points are all valid and I agree with you. Bradshaw can claim a considerable amount of credit for our 2 Super Bowl runs and Eli is a once in a lifetime exceptional football player that we are so lucky to have on this team. THANK YOU ERNIE A and WELLINGTON M!!!!
    I wish Wellington could have seen this. When he left us all was very cloudy and in doubt.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

welcome
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran
    Welcome. Looking forward to more posts.

Welcome to the board. I am also living outside of the NYC area. I get a lot of flack from Raven and Redskin fans.

nice timing !

and welcome
    Apologize to Melo 5

Welcome!