+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Gmen rise

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    For he 100th time the Giants have not beaten a winning team this year. So that argument goes out the window. The difference with these two teams, to date, is that the 49ers look like they did at the end of last year and the Giants do not. Between the healthy players not playing as well as the where last year and the amount of injuries they have its no wonder the 49ers are heavily favored. Lets also not forget that traveling across the country to play in their house also doesn't help matters much. Hopefully the pep talk they of from a former Giant great will wake up the defense, but its still strange that a group that just won the Super Bowl would need a pep talk. Still worried about the DT's but they are getting some other guys back that can help like Rivers and Hosely.
    Get out of here jets fan. Just because you can't score any points against the 9ers doesn't mean the giants can't either.

1. How is it strange? The players in the huddle pep talk each other all the time.

2. I literally JUST SAID that the giants never beat good teams. But if would listen, you'd know the 9ers haven't either. This doesn't make the giants better. It just puts them on equal footing(especially now that all the injured are back).

3. Last time I checked the giants won a blowout to the panthers away with nothing more than cruz,barden, and brown. Now we have Bradshaw, Nicks, and the rest back.

4. What did the 9ers look like last year? Oh right they looked like a team with a QB who couldn't throw at anything and a punt returner who fumbled when a fly landed on the ball. The 9ers today look like a team that beat the bills and jets. Not that impressive.

All-Pro
    Lets say team A was at home and team B has to travel across the country. Then lets say team A has been dominating their easy opponents while team B has looke sloppy in all but one game so far this season. Would you still say team A and team B are on equal ground. I never said the Gianys couldn't win this game but I do think that with the way both teams are playing the 49ers have played better. If the Giants win tomorrow it means they will have had to have played better than they have all season.

Had to look this up and see for myself. But "yes," Eli's Home/Away Regular Season Wins/Losses (and stats) are indeed almost identical. This is further proof that Eli elevates his game in the playoffs -- where it matters most.

But during the reg. season, his "road warrior" reputation seems to be more of by-product of his success in the playoffs, rather than fact.

Eli Manning Career Splits

G W L T Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A Y/G

Home 63 36 27 0 1226 2094 58.5% 14802 100 68 82.7 7.07 235.0
    Road 62 36 26 0 1193 2024 58.9% 14356 95 66 82.8 7.09 231.5

Here's the bottom line.. We lost to the Cowboys, and Eagles, and it doesn't take an NFL expert to see that the 49ers are better than both of those teams. So maybe we didn't play our best football against our division foes, but we will have to win this game in order to show everyone that we are a contender again this year. As of right now, they deserve to be favored in this game especially in their house and with all of our injuries.

However, if we win tomorrow, this team will get the respect it deserves and they won't be able to talk anymore about people doubting them.

It's simple put up, or shut up!!

Veteran
    Lets say team A was at home and team B has to travel across the country. Then lets say team A has been dominating their easy opponents while team B has looke sloppy in all but one game so far this season. Would you still say team A and team B are on equal ground. I never said the Gianys couldn't win this game but I do think that with the way both teams are playing the 49ers have played better. If the Giants win tomorrow it means they will have had to have played better than they have all season.
    Don't know what you're definition of "sloppy" is. Blowing out the browns, panthers, and having the clutch ability to comeback against the bucs isn't sloppy.

If team A has basically been handed most of their wins then yeah.

What 9ers team were you talking about? The one that got blownout by this giants team that YOU doubted?

Don't know what you are talking about. I'm pretty sure they showed the stat on one of their prime time games and it showed that Eli had almost the same number of wins at home as he did on the road. I think people are confusing his excellent road playoff record with his regular season record.
    Buddy, I Like some of your comments, and some I disagree with ! But I Really have to know, what team, do you really LIKE? because i'm confused up to this point ! And don't take the 5th !
    Last edited by BillTheGreek; 10-15-2012 at 09:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread