+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN - Evidence Supports Gilbride's Claim

ehhh....what do want to Harbaugh to say. I have no issues with it at all.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    KG kills drives, not coaches...
    Yea, he killed those drives in the last two super bowls we won.

Quote Originally Posted by timmytimm3 View Post
    I wish our stunts and twists got through more often...
    Yep only the giants get called for crap like that, nothing new.

okeeeyyyyy jimmy

relax a bit harbaugh dont hurt yourself

did anyone else think JH overreacted? KG was complimentary, and if you hear the interview in which this whole thing was started over, KG doesnt come off as trying to complain or have his mssg passed on to the refs. JH with that response shows me the guy isnt as smart and secure as he tries to come off as.
    KG basically mentioned and complimented Smith in 5 seconds, JHs reaction makes it seem like KG wrote a tell all novel outing JH as transgender lol, yeah it was sooo "incendiary" JH and KG was def using his status to critique the refs...the whole JH response is comical to me, and it kinda shows me JH may be worried about facing us or he's still upset about the NFC CG or both...

when i first read what JH said, I wasnt sure if it was really JH or if it was just a fan doing an impression of a snotty stuck up hypocrite (JH) well. like i didnt even think JH actually made those remarks bc of how over the top and incendiary JH's comments came across as ironically.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    did anyone else think JH overreacted? KG was complimentary, and if you hear the interview in which this whole thing was started over, KG doesnt come off as trying to complain or have his mssg passed on to the refs. JH with that response shows me the guy isnt as smart and secure as he tries to come off as.
    KG basically mentioned and complimented Smith in 5 seconds, JHs reaction makes it seem like KG wrote a tell all novel outing JH as transgender lol, yeah it was sooo "incendiary" JH and KG was def using his status to critique the refs...the whole JH response is comical to me, and it kinda shows me JH may be worried about facing us or he's still upset about the NFC CG or both...

when i first read what JH said, I wasnt sure if it was really JH or if it was just a fan doing an impression of a snotty stuck up hypocrite (JH) well. like i didnt even think JH actually made those remarks bc of how over the top and incendiary JH's comments came across as ironically.
    It feels like someone else wrote that statement and he just put his name on it. Harbaugh is over sensitive and wound up way to tight. You can tell he hates the media mainly because he doesn't know how to deal with them.

Gilbride might be much smarter than he looks.. He might have said this to get underneath Harbaugh's skin and may
    Be throw him off a little bit.

ESPN - Evidence Supports Gilbride's Claim

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...de-vs-harbaugh

"So this whole thing started Thursday, when New York Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride casually dropped into his weekly interview session the suggestion that San Francisco 49ers star defensive lineman Justin Smith "gets away with murder" by holding interior offensive linemen as a means of clearing room for the 49ers' pass rush.

Smith
    49ers coach Jim Harbaugh responded Friday with a blistering attack on Gilbride and Gilbride's insinuation, calling it "outrageous, irrational and incendiary," and saying, "It's obvious that the Giants coaching staff's sole purpose is to use their high visibility to both criticize and influence officiating."

Glad we're not getting too emotional about this, huh? I mean, really? "Sole purpose?"

Especially once I learned that Harbaugh's response came in the form of a statement released by the team hours ahead of his regularly scheduled Friday news conference, my first thought was something along the lines of, "Methinks he doth protest too much." And a few minutes later, with the help of a retweet from USA Today's Mike Garafolo, I saw something that backed me up. It is this Sept. 6 piece from Football Outsiders, in which Item No. 3 uses clear film evidence to support FO's own conclusion that Smith is indeed coached to hold the jerseys of opposing guards and tackles:
    San Francisco’s secret? Holding. They have a pair of top-tier defensive ends in Justin Smith, arguably the best 3-4 lineman in the league right now, and Ray McDonald, one of the game’s most underrated players. Those guys are taught to grab the left outside of the offensive guard’s jersey or the right inside of the tackle’s jersey. The umpire and referee, who are tasked with holding on the interior line, often can’t see this -- there is too much congestion in the middle of that action. They are standing in the backfield, and can’t see through the offensive linemen to get a look at the defensive end’s hands. The grabbing prevents the blockers from getting over quickly enough to pick up the stunting blitzer.

The camera doesn't lie, coach Harbaugh. And it seems as though it might have been wiser for the 49ers' coach to keep his mouth shut rather than inflame a controversy of which the officials scheduled to work Sunday's game at Candlestick might not otherwise have been aware. If it was Gilbride's intention to get the officials to pay closer attention to Smith's extracurricular work on the interior (and I actually think he might just have been offering an honest answer to a question), then Harbaugh's overly emotional response might have helped him accomplish just that."

Jim Harbaugh is a an arrogant goon. His teammates couldn't stand his short fuse when he played in the NFL and doesn't look like much has changed. I doubt he read the whole quote since he looks for a reason to be a ***** and jumps all over it. He was the first to complain about the replacement officials in the preseason.
    The funny thing is that a lot of football analyst have come to KGs back and agree with him. I imagine the refs would look a little closer now. Had JH took the high road it would have been forgotten in minutes.

haha classic. what kind of "gate" name can we make...PretentiousBullSpit Gate? Holding Gate?

and speaking of "criticizing the refs from a highly visible position", didnt JH whine and cry non stop about the forward progress non fumble in the NFC CG? oh ok, i forgot, he's just a hypocrite

or even funnier he said the refs wouldnt let him call TO on that 3rd n short they had late where they completed their 1 pass to the WR short of a first down...guy *****es bout refs wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more than TC or KG ever do

+ Reply to Thread