+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN - Evidence Supports Gilbride's Claim

Gilbride was very smart to bring it up. I'm sure the Fox announcers will be more than happy to run a bit with this "controversy". That should include some camera work to see if they can back up Gilbride's claim. I'm sure that's why Harbaugh is so pissed off......he knows that the cameras are going to be looking for evidence.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by rtahsin View Post
    STOP! Nobody post on this thread; don't take the bait. If you ignore him, the thread will wither away and die.
    For those who can't figure out what Gilbride is doing, let me explain it to you: He is completely mind fin the 49rs. Even if the refs don't take notice, the Niners players themselves might hesitate on certain plays.

In short, Gilbride is playing chess, your playing checkers. I don't have a large post count either but why don't you put some logic or reasoning behind your statements and people might actually think about or care what you say...

Haha......I'm watching NFL Network, and they are running with the story.

Mission accomplished, Gilbride!
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

You know what? I don't know. The reason why is cause did any of the players the 49ers played against complained about it? If not, then there is a big chance that the 49ers are not holding or not doing it that much.

Veteran
    Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF Gilbride isn't wrong about Justin Smith holding late last year. Aldon killed teams when Justin held OL on those twists down the stretch

I feel he said something, just to get into the players head. Make them think twice about doing something wrong, and giving the offense the edge..

Gilbride's comments were perfectly reasonable as opposed to Harbaugh who just sounded unbalanced! Harbaugh would be easier to believe as a hard nosed old school football guy if it wasn't so obvious that he's trying to do a poor man's impression of Mike Ditka!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    "Smith is a beast on the inside, he’s strong, he does as good a job of grabbing a hold of offensive linemen and allowing those twists to take place. He never gets called for it so he gets away with murder. That, in conjunction with the ability level they have, makes them as formidable as anybody we go against, and we go against some pretty good ones in Dallas’ and Philadelphia’s. They’re as good as anybody up front."

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...e-7699275eafd0

I don't watch enough 49er games to know, but how true is this? Anyone have videos of this?

I'll be watching for it on Sunday.

Harbaugh doth protest too much if you ask me!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Hell why don't we do it? Don't get mad, get even and let's see if Harbaugh complains about it.
    I'm sure we do do it, it is just a matter of how frequent it is done, and apparently the 9ers do it a lot. Harbaugh can blame himself for letting this get as big as it has, if he would have shut his mouth chances are Gilbride's "complaint" would have faded into oblivion.

Veteran
    For those saying this type of technique is 'business as usual' for the NFL, then why would KG bother pointing it out? Clearly, from watching the 49ers film, he feels they abuse it. He's been in the league for a long time, he's watched a lot of film, I'd trust his judgement over the opinions of fans who aren't involved in the NFL in any way.

+ Reply to Thread