+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: ESPN - Evidence Supports Gilbride's Claim

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i still can't believe how JH responded. He acted like KG just robbed a bank high on PCP and then running over people driving the getaway car. I still dunno if JHrealizes that KG was actually paying Smith and the 9ers a big compliment. The focal point of what KG wasnt the defensive holding, it was how much of a beast J.Smith is and the extreme talent level of that D and how its as good as any we've faced....it especially annoys me how JH tries making it a "Giants coaches criticizing the officials"...like the guy is just a pompous, pretentious, hypocritical d-bag most of the time.
    Harbaugh is upset because:

1) It's the truth
    2) It is now a story
    3) Stories get exposure
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

When I heard this story the first thing I thought was "brilliant move by Gilbride" Now Justin Smith will have to think twice about holding offensive lineman during the game. This was nothing more then a tactical move by Gilbride. And I love it...

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    When I heard this story the first thing I thought was "brilliant move by Gilbride" Now Justin Smith will have to think twice about holding offensive lineman during the game. This was nothing more then a tactical move by Gilbride. And I love it...
    I agree 100%
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Agree...very Phil Jackson-esque of KG. Great mustaches think alike

Refs hate ny teams, nothing we can do about it. Even umpires give yankees pitchers a smaller strike zone always, screw them all.

He should focus on teaching his two blockers how to disengage one guy and cover the stunt.

If Justin Smith is holding two of the Giant's lineman, you need new lineman.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    How could this possibly be foolish in a game of inches? I would rethink your argument. In regards to Gilbride, I would like to give him the credit for trying to bring this issue up for the Refs to look at but he's really not that outspoken of a guy (he got punched in the face by the head coach one day). I think he was just providing an honest assessment. But if he did than what an outstanding move, the Niner's and refs and the Camera men will be on notice. Should be fun to watch!
    know what you're arguing.

the person i responded to said "Not shocking that this joke of a team all of a sudden became good."

So if he is indeed getting away with holding, then the offense is improved because of it as well, the entire defense is improved as well. I guess smith's holding impact favorably their special teams and coaching too. the OP to my response was just tacking on excuses as to why the 9ers are a good team and I corrected it.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

I am not saying this because I'm a homer. But I can't remember the last time a player on the Giants pulling a Flozel Adams. The G-Men typically play a really classy game. I can't lie, and I know it's bad. But I sometimes I wish the our team would dish out the same punish. I know it's not right, but when I see things not called, during games. I get up.

I really don't understand all this uproar. Every team does something illegal in the trenches when an official isn't looking. They're doing whatever they can to win. The Giants are no better. If the injury faking incident didn't occur in the Rams game last year then we probably wouldn't be celebrating a fourth Super Bowl. I would like to think we're classy enough to not pull those moves but no one is ideal and I'm sure some of the G-men's linemen do some holding themselves. But I would like to point out that the Giants do things like this very very little so I guess frequency matters. And like how ny06 pointed out: this is mental warfare right now. They're trying to get into each other's head. Well played Gilbride, well played.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.”

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Maybe if we ignore you and your 10 posts, you will go away.
    Pardon me. I posted on the wrong thread; I thought I posted on BParcell777's new thread; my mistake. But I would like to ask that how does the number of posts one have any relevance to the matter here. Apparently if one has a small number of posts he/she supposedly knows little or nothing about football. I see this a lot and wonder where this bias comes from.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.”

+ Reply to Thread