+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: ESPN - Evidence Supports Gilbride's Claim

Quote Originally Posted by rtahsin View Post
    Pardon me. I posted on the wrong thread; I thought I posted on BParcell777's new thread; my mistake. But I would like to ask that how does the number of posts one have any relevance to the matter here. Apparently if one has a small number of posts he/she supposedly knows little or nothing about football. I see this a lot and wonder where this bias comes from.
    I know, I've tried to use post count arguments against my wife...still doesn't work.

Proof that Gilbride knew exactly what he was doing:

GILBRIDE: HARBAUGH STATEMENT WAS "SHOCKER"
    Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride admitted that he was “shocked” by Niners coach Jim Harbaugh’s statement on Friday. Harbaugh, responding to Gilbride’s criticisms of 49ers defensive tackle Justin Smith, had called Gilbride “irrational” and “outrageous” that afternoon.

Gilbride said he did not speak to Harbaugh Sunday, but he was surprised that his suggestion that Smith “gets away with murder” by routinely committing defensive holding drew such ire from Harbaugh.

“I have great respect for their front, and I have unbelievable respect for the guy (Smith), tremendous,” Gilbride said. “But it (defensive holding) is something he does. He reaches out and grabs people.”
    He added that he was surprised by Harbaugh’s rip because he had also complimented Smith on Thursday.

“I thought it was just in a litany of compliments . . . all of a sudden, he (Harbaugh) turned it into a negative thing . . . It was great. All of a sudden, now everybody in the country saw it. It worked well."

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...100-wasnt-hard

LOL Gilbride.....you're something else. LOL.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    "Smith is a beast on the inside, he’s strong, he does as good a job of grabbing a hold of offensive linemen and allowing those twists to take place. He never gets called for it so he gets away with murder. That, in conjunction with the ability level they have, makes them as formidable as anybody we go against, and we go against some pretty good ones in Dallas’ and Philadelphia’s. They’re as good as anybody up front."

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...e-7699275eafd0

I don't watch enough 49er games to know, but how true is this? Anyone have videos of this?

I'll be watching for it on Sunday.
    They actually did show an example of it during the game. I was surprised that they went there. They showed him, and said, that he was holding 2 o-lineman while one of his teammates rushes through the line. Fox analysts said that they loved to do it and do it all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    They actually did show an example of it during the game. I was surprised that they went there. They showed him, and said, that he was holding 2 o-lineman while one of his teammates rushes through the line. Fox analysts said that they loved to do it and do it all of the time.
    I know. I saw it. I had a feeling earlier in the week that Gilbride said those things mainly to play a mind game with Harbaugh's and to put the focus on him and their DLine. And with what Gilbride just said, I wuss right

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Proof that Gilbride knew exactly what he was doing:

GILBRIDE: HARBAUGH STATEMENT WAS "SHOCKER"
    Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride admitted that he was “shocked” by Niners coach Jim Harbaugh’s statement on Friday. Harbaugh, responding to Gilbride’s criticisms of 49ers defensive tackle Justin Smith, had called Gilbride “irrational” and “outrageous” that afternoon.

Gilbride said he did not speak to Harbaugh Sunday, but he was surprised that his suggestion that Smith “gets away with murder” by routinely committing defensive holding drew such ire from Harbaugh.

“I have great respect for their front, and I have unbelievable respect for the guy (Smith), tremendous,” Gilbride said. “But it (defensive holding) is something he does. He reaches out and grabs people.”
    He added that he was surprised by Harbaugh’s rip because he had also complimented Smith on Thursday.

“I thought it was just in a litany of compliments . . . all of a sudden, he (Harbaugh) turned it into a negative thing . . . It was great. All of a sudden, now everybody in the country saw it. It worked well."

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...100-wasnt-hard

LOL Gilbride.....you're something else. LOL.....
    ya know, i had a theory that i didnt really wanna share bc it was bold and even tho i predicted we'd win by a few possessions and Smith would have 2 ints, I wasnt ready to go out on the ledge by making my theory public. now that we've won, and seeing how SF played, I'm sure now that it wasnt a theory, it was reality. and that is;

I believe Harbaugh was worried SF was gonna lose this game. He must have seen something during practice or had a feeling or respected elis game, something. bc i think that JH made that comment not to dig at KG, but to fire up his team/Defense. KG DID compliment Smith and that 9er d. The whole "he holds" thing was so minor in context to what KG said. And JH is smart enough to know that. Thats what made his lil diatribe confusing, why would he say what he did even if KG was being disrespectful, which he wasnt. he was trying to fire up his DL maybe, trying to fire up J.Smith bc I know SF has had issues rushing the passer...

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    HA! TOO FUNNY! I didn't realize that Gilbride said "All of a sudden, now everybody in the country saw it. It worked well." I always loved Gilbride, and love him even more for this lovely chess move of his.

+ Reply to Thread