+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spotlight on...Will Beatty: Giants' offensive tackle becoming a force

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/1...coming-a-force

Excerpt: "
    When the New York Giants drafted Will Beatty out of UConn in the second round of the 2009 NFL Draft they hoped they were drafting a player who would develop into a premier left tackle.

When the Giants drafted him College Scouting Director Marc Ross spoke about Beatty's "raw athletic ability" and said he had had "a lot of upside."

Entering 2012, his fourth season in the NFL, Beatty had not turned into the player the Giants hoped for when they used the 60th overall selection on him. Sure, he began last season as the starter at left tackle and played acceptably. But, he was lost after six games to a detached retina. Beatty then hurt his back during offseason workouts and missed all of OTAs and mini-camps, most of training camp and the beginning of the regular season.

Since he returned to the starting lineup in Week 3 against the Carolina Panthers the 6-foot-6, 320-pound Beatty, now 27, has played like never before." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I always liked Beatty as a prospect and was hoping for either him or McCoy in the Giants' first second round pick in 09. While seeing him drop to handle speed edge rushers is no surprise, I am a bit shocked to see him excel in the run game.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I always liked Beatty as a prospect and was hoping for either him or McCoy in the Giants' first second round pick in 09. While seeing him drop to handle speed edge rushers is no surprise, I am a bit shocked to see him excel in the run game.
    Another tribute to Reese & Co.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

... and possibly some great coaching by Flaherty. Beatty is looking incredibly balanced when engaged unlike years prior. He's showing a great base and technique in sustaining his blocks. I've been begging for him to develop some functional strength, and we're certainly seeing it now.

All-Pro
    I think he always showed ability but staying on the field was the issue.

Beatty has been doing very well this year! I like the way he approaches the game and I think that he will really help (remember we had Diehl out their last year and they just blew by him for most of those hits and sacks!)

Veteran
    He handled Trent Cole when we played Philly. 49ers better know, they're not going up against Kareem McKenzie and David Diehl this time.

Could you post the link to the rest of the article please?

I don't think I can go back to old threads, but I was shouting out to Draft Beatty and predicted he would become a probowl LT someday. It may still happen!

Doesn't his contract expire at the end of this season? He might end up being our most important player to sign if he continues to play like this.