+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants Player Power Rankings

Giants Player Power Rankings

Fun little topic from the people over at Bigblueview ranking the Giants roster in terms of importance/impact 1-53. I won't go quite that far in depth, but I will give you my top 10 Giants of 2012 so far.

1. Eli Manning- Over the last 4 games the Giants offense has racked up 1,877 yards which is the most for any four game stretch in franchise history. If he upsets the Niners this week look for the Eli for MVP campaign to really heat up

2. Victor Cruz- Top 10 in the NFL in catches, yards, first downs and leads the league with 5 TD receptions

3.Bradshaw- “He is as physically tough and as competitive as anyone I have ever been around.”- Tom Coughlin

4. JPP- The splash plays haven't been there, but he's been among the leagues best DE's against the run and according to PFF he ranks 15th among DE's in pass rush productivty. Again not up to our high standards, but still remains our biggest force on the defensive side of the ball.

5. Beatty- Having a breakout season as he has not allowed a sack or hit all season long. Big test tomorrow against the 49ers will give us an idea just how far he's come

6. Andre Brown- Will probably see his role relegated from here on out, but lets not forget that he performed so well in bradshaws absence that he had the majority of Giant fans thinking he should remain the starter. Also leads the team with 3 rushing TD's.

7. Bennett- 2nd on the team in catches and TD receptions, also looks to have made a huge improvement in the Giant rushing attack

8. Prince- Perhaps the only bright spot in a Giant secondary that currently ranks second to last in yards per attempt.

9 Hynoski- Turning in to one of the league's best FB's and has perhaps the best hands of any Giant fullback since greg comella

10. Sean Locklear- Might not be our future, but he is our present. Has played both left and right tackle admirally and is giving Bennett a run for his money for best NYG FA pickup of the year

What, everyone's in agreement?...That's no fun

the times Nicks did played, I think he looked better than Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2088 View Post
    the times Nicks did played, I think he looked better than Cruz
    Agreed, I think Nicks is the better player, however this is based purely on how they've performed in 2012, so I can't put a guy in the top 10 whose only played in two games. However, I admit I was tempted because he was THAT good against Tampa. With out him the Giants don't win that game

A very good assessment.
    Tuck and Osi are conspicuous by their absence.
    We need a LB or DB to break into this list.
    If our D gets back to where they were the last 6 games of 2011, we'll be sitting pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Agreed, I think Nicks is the better player, however this is based purely on how they've performed in 2012, so I can't put a guy in the top 10 whose only played in two games. However, I admit I was tempted because he was THAT good against Tampa. With out him the Giants don't win that game
    yhea I know what you mean hopefully he can repeat that performance tomorrow, good rankings tho

This is a pretty nice top 10 list and the only one I strongly disagree with is Brown. Joseph has made a huge impact for us by clogging up the runs in the middle and kept them to the outside for the most part. I need to see more from Brown past 6 quarters before I can confidently say he's been a top 10 player in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    This is a pretty nice top 10 list and the only one I strongly disagree with is Brown. Joseph has made a huge impact for us by clogging up the runs in the middle and kept them to the outside for the most part. I need to see more from Brown past 6 quarters before I can confidently say he's been a top 10 player in 2012.
    Linval Joseph has been playing great. Honestly he's probably been our best Dlineman this year

Banned
    yes nicks is the better player than cruz...although cruz stays healthy.... nicks always has missed 2-3 games since he started..tell you the truth although nicks is my fav and i know hes better if i could only keep one...i think id let nicks walk based off the injuries, its to bad the guy is made from balsa wood i have no doubt he has the ability to be a top 3 receiver. since he came here i can only name one cb that was able to shut him down man to man and thats revis last year, although revis was getting away with murder that game and hanging on nicks the whole time, but still...seriously were so lucky to have nicks the guy is an animal, and even luckier to have a guy like cruz who is consistent.
    Last edited by NASCARBLITZ; 10-13-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Certainly going forward joseph will have a greater impact/more importance then Brown, but up untill this point I can't give a guy too much credit for being apart of defense that has given up 4.5 yards per rush which is 8th worst in the league not to mention the total lack of a pass rush the past few games. Plus for the year Joseph only has 8 solo tackles, so both directly and indirectly his impact has been average at best imo.

On the otherhand Brown played a huge role in 2 of the 3 Giant wins that was impossible to miss.

Also by nature, defensive tackle is rather thankless postion, but over the years I have seen some guys really jump out at you and make you take notice (Keith Hamilton, Cornelius Griffin, Fred Robbins)...The consitency with Joseph just isn't quit there yet

+ Reply to Thread