+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    A very good assessment.
    Tuck and Osi are conspicuous by their absence.
    We need a LB or DB to break into this list.
    If our D gets back to where they were the last 6 games of 2011, we'll be sitting pretty.
    You do know Prince is a DB right?

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Fun little topic from the people over at Bigblueview ranking the Giants roster in terms of importance/impact 1-53. I won't go quite that far in depth, but I will give you my top 10 Giants of 2012 so far.

1. Eli Manning- Over the last 4 games the Giants offense has racked up 1,877 yards which is the most for any four game stretch in franchise history. If he upsets the Niners this week look for the Eli for MVP campaign to really heat up

2. Victor Cruz- Top 10 in the NFL in catches, yards, first downs and leads the league with 5 TD receptions

3.Bradshaw- “He is as physically tough and as competitive as anyone I have ever been around.”- Tom Coughlin

4. JPP- The splash plays haven't been there, but he's been among the leagues best DE's against the run and according to PFF he ranks 15th among DE's in pass rush productivty. Again not up to our high standards, but still remains our biggest force on the defensive side of the ball.

5. Beatty- Having a breakout season as he has not allowed a sack or hit all season long. Big test tomorrow against the 49ers will give us an idea just how far he's come

6. Andre Brown- Will probably see his role relegated from here on out, but lets not forget that he performed so well in bradshaws absence that he had the majority of Giant fans thinking he should remain the starter. Also leads the team with 3 rushing TD's.

7. Bennett- 2nd on the team in catches and TD receptions, also looks to have made a huge improvement in the Giant rushing attack

8. Prince- Perhaps the only bright spot in a Giant secondary that currently ranks second to last in yards per attempt.

9 Hynoski- Turning in to one of the league's best FB's and has perhaps the best hands of any Giant fullback since greg comella

10. Sean Locklear- Might not be our future, but he is our present. Has played both left and right tackle admirally and is giving Bennett a run for his money for best NYG FA pickup of the year
    good list. i wouldnt put bradshaw a head of jpp yet though. even though he didnt record many sacks, he is still a big presence on the field. teams are doubling him a lot and he had a hell of a game week 1

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    good list. i wouldnt put bradshaw a head of jpp yet though. even though he didnt record many sacks, he is still a big presence on the field. teams are doubling him a lot and he had a hell of a game week 1
    Honestly I was extremely close to putting Beatty ahead of JPP. Beatty has had a hell of a year so far and has been the best player on a line that has only allowed Eli to be sacked 5 times the entire year which is 2nd best in the NFL....You know who also deserves credit for that stat? Bradshaw. Eli might be the brains of the team, but Bradshaws the heart

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    You do know Prince is a DB right?
    Yup... whoops. my bad

How do you not have KP on this list? He and Boley literally backbone the defense

Teams just don't seem to throw at Prince. But until he gets the picks, his road to stardom is steep.

Also gotta give both of our kickers big-time props, as well as Wilson on returns.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Quote Originally Posted by DemandedAce View Post
    How do you not have KP on this list? He and Boley literally backbone the defense
    Hard to put too many Defensive guys on the top 10 when they're ranked 24th as a unit and the offense is ranked 2nd....Plus KP will have missed 3 straight games after tomorrow so i don't really think he's deserving. Boley does deserve some consideration though and with a big day against San Fran (Helping to shut down Gore and Davis) it would go a long way in getting him in my top 10

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    Teams just don't seem to throw at Prince. But until he gets the picks, his road to stardom is steep.

Also gotta give both of our kickers big-time props, as well as Wilson on returns.
    Or he could just stay silent and slowly build a reputation as Revis 2.0...
    Andre the Giant

Honestly I was extremely close to putting Beatty ahead of JPP. Beatty has had a hell of a year so far and has been the best player on a line that has only allowed Eli to be sacked 5 times the entire year which is 2nd best in the NFL....You know who also deserves credit for that stat? Bradshaw. Eli might be the brains of the team, but Bradshaws the heart
    i cant argue with that. You make really good points. Hopefully everyone steps up this game

Hard to put too many Defensive guys on the top 10 when they're ranked 24th as a unit and the offense is ranked 2nd....Plus KP will have missed 3 straight games after tomorrow so i don't really think he's deserving. Boley does deserve some consideration though and with a big day against San Fran (Helping to shut down Gore and Davis) it would go a long way in getting him in my top 10
    KP will have missed three after dominating in the ones he was in and consistently through the seasons where Andre Brown has played two real games in his career. Sighhh to each their own opinion I suppose.