+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RB Wilson's confidence growing

Wilson looks forward to increased workload

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...Uk7lYuMbkKnUyM

Excerpt: "Running back David Wilson hasn’t seen too many chances in his rookie season, but that could all change tomorrow.

With backup running back Andre Brown (concussion) listed out for Sunday’s game in San Francisco, Wilson will fill in behind Ahmad Bradshaw and hopes to build off his last carry, a 40-yard touchdown run against the Browns, which gave a peek at the potential of the Giants’ first-round pick.

“Now I look at it like every two carries I got to score a touchdown,” Wilson said jokingly yesterday, after running for 44 yards on two carries in the 41-27 win over the Browns. “It does give me the confidence to go out there, with the touchdown, with the limited plays I had that game, I’m going to go out there and see what I can do with more carries, see if I can be as productive.”

With Wilson’s speed and elusiveness, he already has been productive on special teams and is tied for the NFL lead with three kick returns of more than 40 yards, a role he will remain in tomorrow. On Thursday, offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said the team is “trying to expand his role as fast as we can,” and this week Wilson said he received a heavy increase in offensive reps in practice." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Love Wilson; however, I think we need Andre this week, his toughness and ability to run between the tackles will be missed!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Love Wilson; however, I think we need Andre this week, his toughness and ability to run between the tackles will be missed!
    I'm afraid Brown still hasn't passed the concussion protocol. So, Wilson is the next man up and I think he may very well rise to the occasion as others have done
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

KG said....we are expanding his role as fast as we can.....
    so there are issues with him digesting the offense. Thats why he has been limited. No biggie....but I am glad they are being smart with him
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    KG said....we are expanding his role as fast as we can.....
    so there are issues with him digesting the offense. Thats why he has been limited. No biggie....but I am glad they are being smart with him
    If he's as good as I think he is and Gilbride has designed a few plays for him I think he will take full advantage and Pascoe/Bennett will be his gateway to the end zone..

# 80

wilson, wilson, wilson ! ! !

Ok honest assessment of this weeks game, the running game is likely to be a tough going. We end up throwing a lot and DW doesnt get into the game, save a couple drawn up plays. As long os we win I am ok with that. As long as we at least give DW a shot to give the run game a spark is all I ask.

Giants Nation.

All I ask is that we don't give up on running the ball! If we arent having success keep at it, keep the defense honest and who knows.. it only takes one play to break open the running game!

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Ok honest assessment of this weeks game, the running game is likely to be a tough going. We end up throwing a lot and DW doesnt get into the game, save a couple drawn up plays. As long os we win I am ok with that. As long as we at least give DW a shot to give the run game a spark is all I ask.

Giants Nation.
    screens to DW.....why not....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    screens to DW.....why not....
    he's 2 for 4 in catches. I can give him slack for the one shovel pass Eli gave him, so hopefully his hands are ready for any screen plays.

+ Reply to Thread