+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RB Wilson's confidence growing

Scared of having DW in there, but if they can see that he's ready to go, I'm all for it. He has speed and that ability to move around defenders

I just hope he doesn't fumble or get injured. I expect him to pretty good as long as the line can create/maintain holes for him when he gets touches. And we should definitely run a screen or two because with his speed he could break one in open space.

I want to see Wilson fly by 49ers tomorrow.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...Uk7lYuMbkKnUyM

Excerpt: "Running back David Wilson hasn’t seen too many chances in his rookie season, but that could all change tomorrow.

With backup running back Andre Brown (concussion) listed out for Sunday’s game in San Francisco, Wilson will fill in behind Ahmad Bradshaw and hopes to build off his last carry, a 40-yard touchdown run against the Browns, which gave a peek at the potential of the Giants’ first-round pick.

“Now I look at it like every two carries I got to score a touchdown,” Wilson said jokingly yesterday, after running for 44 yards on two carries in the 41-27 win over the Browns. “It does give me the confidence to go out there, with the touchdown, with the limited plays I had that game, I’m going to go out there and see what I can do with more carries, see if I can be as productive.”

With Wilson’s speed and elusiveness, he already has been productive on special teams and is tied for the NFL lead with three kick returns of more than 40 yards, a role he will remain in tomorrow. On Thursday, offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said the team is “trying to expand his role as fast as we can,” and this week Wilson said he received a heavy increase in offensive reps in practice." Read more...
    I would love having Wilson get an increased workload in this game but I don't see the giants giving it to him against the hardest hitting defense in the NFL. Even though stories have come out saying Wilson is out of the doghouse, does anyone actually think he will get more than 10% of the snaps? I really hope the Giants prove me wrong on this.

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    I would love having Wilson get an increased workload in this game but I don't see the giants giving it to him against the hardest hitting defense in the NFL. Even though stories have come out saying Wilson is out of the doghouse, does anyone actually think he will get more than 10% of the snaps? I really hope the Giants prove me wrong on this.
    He's the next man up, it's not a question of if, it's a question of how many snaps and how much production
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I want to see Wilson fly by 49ers tomorrow.
    zip zip!
    No one remembers who came in second.

RB Wilson's confidence growing

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...idence-growing

Excerpt: "Giants rookie running back David Wilson set the bar pretty high for himself last week.

“Now, I look at it as like every two carries I gotta score a touchdown,” said Wilson, who scored for the first time as a pro on a 40-yard run late in the fourth quarter of his team’s 41-27 victory over the Cleveland Browns.

Wilson was joking.

But seriously ...

“It does give me confidence to go out there and score a touchdown with the limited plays I had that game,” he said. “Now, I’m hoping to go out there and see what I can do with more carries.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

would be good if he can be a change up to AB......
    high and tight for both AB and DW.....high and tight
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    One thing we can be sure of, after the 40 yard run last week he is going to draw some attention from the defense when he is on the field. Even without running he will help to dictate to the defense and possibly force them to bring a safety up to help against the run. The first play he is in should be a play action and you could end up with a big play to Nicks or Cruz. Hopefully after that they are forced to play him a bit more honest and it opens up a big run.

He may not get a lot of time, but when he is on the field I will be looking for big plays because he creates a whole new dimension in this offense.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm afraid Brown still hasn't passed the concussion protocol. So, Wilson is the next man up and I think he may very well rise to the occasion as others have done
    yes Brown has been ruled out for this game and didn't even make the trip to SF. Neither did Bernard or Phillips
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

+ Reply to Thread