+ Reply to Thread

2011-12 NFC Championship Game Replay on NFL Network.....

Today at 2PM. What a classic! ONe of the best games and defensive battles I have ever seen.

Can't wait!!!!!

Veteran
    Thanks.

awesome game, already watched it twice this week n ill prolly watch now too

Watching it now.
    ​​​

Thanks!

Banned
    That forward progress was such a ticky tack call... If I was a 49ers fan I would have lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manning View Post
    That forward progress was such a ticky tack call... If I was a 49ers fan I would have lost it.
    That was a heart attack moment as I can recall. Same as the fumbles we recovered In the Super Bowl

After Kyle Williams fumbled, it was still on the 24.....making it a kick off about 42 yards.....certainly not a chip shot.

If the 49ers were so awesome, they should have stonewalled the Giants after that turnover, and forced a long field goal attempt.

Instead, the Giants ran it down their throat until it was 1st and goal. And then, the Giants just moved the ball into the center of the field, and kicked a chip shot.

So, enough with all the talk by the 49ers saying the Giants have what the 49ers deserved.

If the 49ers deserved to go to the Super Bowl, they would manned up when every yard was critical after that turnover.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    After Kyle Williams fumbled, it was still on the 24.....making it a kick off about 42 yards.....certainly not a chip shot.

If the 49ers were so awesome, they should have stonewalled the Giants after that turnover, and forced a long field goal attempt.

Instead, the Giants ran it down their throat until it was 1st and goal. And then, the Giants just moved the ball into the center of the field, and kicked a chip shot.

So, enough with all the talk by the 49ers saying the Giants have what the 49ers deserved.

If the 49ers deserved to go to the Super Bowl, they would manned up when every yard was critical after that turnover.
    while i dont disagree completely, after williams fumbled it in OT, the air was knocked out of SF nation completely. i dunno if any team coulda held onto the proper mentality after making a stand on D only for the ST to basically hand the game over.

what i took from the game rewatching it, is that we are capable of being just as physical as them. and i also believe the weather was a factor that hurt us bc there were 2-3 big play attempts where the wr lost his footing while trying to make a tough catch (that imo cruz would normally make 2x).

with the way SF is hyped, i gave them way too much credit/respect. that doesnt mean i dont respect them, its just their D is not what its made out to be. vs NYJ and Buffalo, yeah, vs our offense? no.

and i also noticed how hypocritical JH is. he whined n complained bout the officiating during and after the game. he "used his high profile position to critique and influence the officiating" detracting from what one of the finest, exemplary organizations NYG and making incendiary remarks that hold no truth. lol but seriously he was freaking out on the refs all game and afterwards too...and i also noticed, for how "disciplined" JH makes sure his teams are, they sure made a bunch of costly undisciplined mistakes (VD TD celebration, ST fumbles, personal foul on VD, etc)

I actually feel much more confident heading into tmrw. eli had a tremendously gutsy NFC CG performance, and he did play well, but i believe he can play much better and i feel he will tmrw, and i feel our DL shows up finally and this win catapults us to a lengthy win streak