+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Time for Marvin Austin to step up....today.

Okay, big boy, this game is the reason why the Giants drafted you in the 2nd round. This is why you were considered a top 15 pick before you were suspended for NCAA violations.

You're healthy, and facing a team that plays to what should be your strength. Time to earn your paycheck, Marvin.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-14-2012 at 11:29 AM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

It would be nice if Marvin stepped up today, would love to see him play like everyone is expecting him to play. Still think he has a ways to go!

He is not ready to be a good player yet.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Agreed, at this point he just needs as much reps as he can.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    +1 It takes a while to get the technique down to be a solid DT. This guy has been out of football for 2 years. Joseph just came into form last year and he didn't miss any years.

He gets driven back on almost every run play its a dam shame but I won't give up hope until he gets more reps and hopefully improves

According to PFF SF has the best run blocking OL by a WIDE margin. Their pass blocking is very good too. Don't expect much from Austin.

Of course he could hold two OL's so our blitzers can get some sacks.

I'd be happy with a few nice plays from #96.

Austin is doing the same thing he did in college, he pops up on the snap, instead of staying low. Loses leverage and gets pushed easily. Hes only 6'2, so he should be able to get under guys pads. Its a lot of technique stuff, and he does seem to be a bit out of shape right now.

Veteran
    As much as I would love to see it, I don't think it'll happen. The kid is obviously rusty, as well as still adjusting to the game. It's going to take him a while for him to grow into his own. Who knows though, hes talented enough to make a few plays, we'll see. Regardless, you're right. Everyone needs to play good solid ball on that D line or that offense will rip us apart. It starts with the D-line today. Alex smith has to many weapons the just sit in the pocket all day and make reads. Also, if they get that run game going it'll be a long day. That defense needs to show up! I think they will.