+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone getting worried about Blackburn?

I think fans need to realize that Blackburn would not be a starter on most teams, a great guy a solid player and awesome attitude and a lot of heart. So just accept that he isnt a stud at his position but he is a great worker.

Quote Originally Posted by PRGiant View Post
    He has heart but he sucks...Hopefully Rivers or the young guys can step up soon. They didn't cut him coming out of camp last year for nothing.
    How did that work out??

Chase historically has been a slow of foot, hard working guy with great instincts and GREAT TACKLING ability. If he keeps missing tackles he will give Herzlich a chance to prove himself. Rivers, Kiwi, Boley, nor J Will are good fits for the MLB position. They are all better flowing sideline to sideline using thier athletic ability to make plays. We'll be drafting a MLB next year.

LB core is the second level of defense. Our problems versus the run stem from the first level- poor DL run defense.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Fail! Do not just buy into the rhetoric that white people are "non-athletic" and they "play smart" Chase's 40 time is the same as Boley's, and pretty close to kiwi's.
    I am still trying to figure out why people singling out Chance and Osi on defense. The entire defense isn't playing well right now. I think people should be more concerned with out defense tackles. Those guys couldn't stop a leak on a runny faucet.

Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    I am still trying to figure out why people singling out Chance and Osi on defense. The entire defense isn't playing well right now. I think people should be more concerned with out defense tackles. Those guys couldn't stop a leak on a runny faucet.
    DT has been the weak spot on the Dline for a while and I don't think Canty is the answer to our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    +1 Right on. There defensive problems will not be fixed by 1 middle line backer period.

he does suck man. lol . how can ya not get someone in there. wish jon goff was still in the mix at least.

Quote Originally Posted by PRGiant View Post
    He has heart but he sucks...Hopefully Rivers or the young guys can step up soon. They didn't cut him coming out of camp last year for nothing.
    SUCKS???? Are you being serious?? The guy has made some awesome plays this year. And on that play where he had to chase down a wide reciever, he was only like 2 steps behind him after that long run, not to shabby for a big LB'er.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

I just got done watching a Replay of the Conference Championship last year against the Niners and Blackburn was flawless. He covered Vernon Davis several times very well and even caused a coverage sack because he was playing wonderful trail techinque coverage while Rolle was over the top. Blackburn is not the main problem at all on this team, We have a group of Defensive Tackles who are on roller skates out there, everyone says that Marvin Austin has high potential and I dont see it at all. When Blackburn plays trail techinque the safties are confused on who has over the top coverage. Many times these things happen, and Blackburn was not the main culprit. Trent Richardson is a tough guy to bring down and he's sooo low to the ground, Blackburn struggled tackling him but so do most linebackers in one on one situations. This unit as a whole needs to gang tackle and I do not see that at all. Sometimes I watch Tuck stop a running back in a backfield and not have any1 come help and clean up the tackle. Its almost sickening that any1 would blame Blackburn. Get over it Rivers was a bust who is living off his USC accolades like most of these overrated USC stars like Carson Palmer and Reggie Bush, and Taylor Mays.

for those callin him slow, watch him on the pressure that leads to the int that weeden threw...i had to make sure 4x bc i couldnt believe it was chase movin so quick.

we could be doing a lot worse at MLB is my take on it. if we needed our MLB to make game breaking plays, we'd be screwed. but we have playmakers else where on the d

+ Reply to Thread