+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone getting worried about Blackburn?

He's actually been playing not too bad this year. The touchdown he allowed last game isn't on him. You expect a linebacker to run 60 yards with a fast receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    I don't care what color he is or what he ran the 40 in, he does not move as fast as either of those players.
    Your right. Thanks for driving your opinion home with some tangible proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    I just got done watching a Replay of the Conference Championship last year against the Niners and Blackburn was flawless. He covered Vernon Davis several times very well and even caused a coverage sack because he was playing wonderful trail techinque coverage while Rolle was over the top. Blackburn is not the main problem at all on this team, We have a group of Defensive Tackles who are on roller skates out there, everyone says that Marvin Austin has high potential and I dont see it at all. When Blackburn plays trail techinque the safties are confused on who has over the top coverage. Many times these things happen, and Blackburn was not the main culprit. Trent Richardson is a tough guy to bring down and he's sooo low to the ground, Blackburn struggled tackling him but so do most linebackers in one on one situations. This unit as a whole needs to gang tackle and I do not see that at all. Sometimes I watch Tuck stop a running back in a backfield and not have any1 come help and clean up the tackle. Its almost sickening that any1 would blame Blackburn. Get over it Rivers was a bust who is living off his USC accolades like most of these overrated USC stars like Carson Palmer and Reggie Bush, and Taylor Mays.
    Good point. It is a appropriate that a guy named Chase has great train technique. I notice this quite often that Chase often manages to get himself between tight ends and quarterbacks. He knows how to sit in a zone and get a pick. He is not the strongest guy but he is usually a good enough tackler. Everyone that was set out to replace him failed maybe they were "bigger" or "faster" but it just turned out they were not better. Move on.org

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    He's a solid, smart player.

But he's not a difference-maker in my opinion.....I don't think offensive coordinators are game-planning to "take away Blackburn".

I'm still a big Blackburn fan, but I recognize his limits.
    I'm sorry I totally disagree with this. If Chase Blackburn is anything - he's a difference-maker. He always seems to show up big - as evidenced by crucial defensive plays made by him during last year's Super Bowl playoff run. He's even had some success this year. I think Chase is a good player and I love that he is a Giant.

Off. Coordinators may not be planning to take away Blackburn but he's one of those guys that come up big in big moments and fly under the radar - which I feel is so important to our team and its chemistry on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUNK(three)AM View Post
    I'm sorry I totally disagree with this. If Chase Blackburn is anything - he's a difference-maker. He always seems to show up big - as evidenced by crucial defensive plays made by him during last year's Super Bowl playoff run. He's even had some success this year. I think Chase is a good player and I love that he is a Giant.

Off. Coordinators may not be planning to take away Blackburn but he's one of those guys that come up big in big moments and fly under the radar - which I feel is so important to our team and its chemistry on the field.
    +1 Guy is the definition of a difference maker. INT's vs the Pack his first week back with the team and HUGE INT in the Super Bowl. He may have had an off-week vs the Browns, but that happens to the best of them. They say you can't teach speed - you can't teach heart and Chase has it.
    Last edited by G4L; 10-13-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G4L View Post
    +1 Guy is the definition of a difference maker. INT's vs the Pack his first week back with the team and HUGE INT in the Super Bowl. He may have had an off-week vs the Browns, but that happens to the best of them. They say you can't teach speed - you can't teach heart and Chase has it.
    There are many things that need to click at the right time, in addition to chemistry and Karma, when teams get hot at the end of the year, like we did in '07 and '11.
    To me there were 2 things that occurred that helped us in last years run... Fewell relenting to the request of the DB's to play man, and the addition of the veteran savvy and stability that Chase brought to the middle of our D.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUNK(three)AM View Post

He's definitely not a difference maker. A difference maker would be considered a core player. He's servicable but we'll be looking to upgrade.

I'm more worried about the state of our "pass rush" than anything else on defense (quotes intended)...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Fail! Do not just buy into the rhetoric that white people are "non-athletic" and they "play smart" Chase's 40 time is the same as Boley's, and pretty close to kiwi's.
    Where did he say white people are not athletic and only play smart? 40 times are also overrated. Aj green ran a 4.5 but burns guys deep like he runs a 4.3. boley is definitely faster than blackburn regardless of 40 times

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Where did he say white people are not athletic and only play smart? 40 times are also overrated. Aj green ran a 4.5 but burns guys deep like he runs a 4.3. boley is definitely faster than blackburn regardless of 40 times
    Whats with all this talk of 40 times? Are these comments referring to combine stats? If so, thats along time ago for Boley and Blackburn.

+ Reply to Thread