+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Is anyone getting worried about Blackburn?

I love the guy. He was a big part of our Super Bowl run last year, but last week it seemed like he missed a lot of tackles. He's never been stellar against the run but still. At least he made up for it with the big INT though.

All-Pro
    He's smart and knows where to be, but his lack of speed makes me worried some times. Even knowing where todo might not help him at times because of the lack o speed to get there. Then again. Maybe knowing where to be gives him that extra step some times o get where he needs to be.

Can't say I'm worried as I never was overly concerned with him back there. With that said, I would love to replace him with a more talented player, but that can be said for every position currently on staff. I'm just grateful to have him whether it be a starter or backup as finding a replacement isn't exactly like shopping in the FA bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    He's smart and knows where to be, but his lack of speed makes me worried some times. Even knowing where todo might not help him at times because of the lack o speed to get there. Then again. Maybe knowing where to be gives him that extra step some times o get where he needs to be.
    Fail! Do not just buy into the rhetoric that white people are "non-athletic" and they "play smart" Chase's 40 time is the same as Boley's, and pretty close to kiwi's.

Quote Originally Posted by rtr1105 View Post
    I love the guy. He was a big part of our Super Bowl run last year, but last week it seemed like he missed a lot of tackles. He's never been stellar against the run but still. At least he made up for it with the big INT though.
    Man this is getting on my nerves a little. What has he do or not done to deserve all the critisism? I'll tell you NOTHING he's played solid this year & made some big plays where if you look at all the other LB's Boley the exception he's outplayed them all IMHO anyway so back off & let him play folks.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Fail! Do not just buy into the rhetoric that white people are "non-athletic" and they "play smart" Chase's 40 time is the same as Boley's, and pretty close to kiwi's.
    The difference is that chase moves slower side to side, lacks acceleration, and gets eaten up by blockers way too often.. I would rather let herzlich get his feet wet then play someone who has no upside and no future. Just remember our run d against Philly in the second game last year.. We actually handled McCoy for the most part. I miss goff even swing as how he actually played good run d and didn't have to play 3rd downs since we have a plethora of nickel linebackers.

He's a solid, smart player.

But he's not a difference-maker in my opinion.....I don't think offensive coordinators are game-planning to "take away Blackburn".

I'm still a big Blackburn fan, but I recognize his limits.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    I don't care what color he is or what he ran the 40 in, he does not move as fast as either of those players.

Getting worried, I have been worried. He's smart and works hard just thing he is a little too slow!

He has heart but he sucks...Hopefully Rivers or the young guys can step up soon. They didn't cut him coming out of camp last year for nothing.