+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The worst part about tomorrows game?

I like Troy and Buck. Entertaining to me at least. I can't stand Tirico, Collinsworth, Dierdorf and a couple of others. Maybe it's a regional thing or something.

Kind of on topic I remember one year the announcers talking about how the Boston Red Sox fans didn't really like Grady Little because of his southern drawl even though he was a contender, they felt he was kind of 'slow'. I guess it's the same as we southerners finding northerners pushy and aggressive.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I like Troy and Buck. Entertaining to me at least. I can't stand Tirico, Collinsworth, Dierdorf and a couple of others. Maybe it's a regional thing or something.

Kind of on topic I remember one year the announcers talking about how the Boston Red Sox fans didn't really like Grady Little because of his southern drawl even though he was a contender, they felt he was kind of 'slow'. I guess it's the same as we southerners finding northerners pushy and aggressive.
    LOL, I am a northern transplant, now living in the south. Their biggest complaint is talking too fast. Don't let that slow southern draw fool you though, I know some extremely brilliant southerners.

On topic: Troy doesn't bother me so much anymore, he seems to work hard to remove his bias.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    LOL, I am a northern transplant, now living in the south. Their biggest complaint is talking too fast. Don't let that slow southern draw fool you though, I know some extremely brilliant southerners.

On topic: Troy doesn't bother me so much anymore, he seems to work hard to remove his bias.
    Yep, even being a former Cowboy he has been pretty critical of the Cowboys and even Jones.

When I went up to a Giants game in 2001 I could barely understand anyone. It was like I went to a whole new country. Also, recently I was a supervisor at a jail and had alot of New Yorkers working for me. I had to have them tone it down alot. The visitors used to get pissed off because they were so direct.

The funniest thing though is that down here we have people that now lolly gag across the streets and roads and I wondered out loud what the hell is going on. One of my co-workers, where I work now, pointed out that alot of people from New York City have moved down this way and that it is normal to just diddy bop across a busy street. I guess they don't understand southerners will run folks down.

Buck is a BOZOOOOO! Aikman can be annoying at times but think he tries to find good in both sides and highlight what each is doing well during the games. I know giving our opponent any sort of credit on game day is forbotten; however, the networks probably think it may be a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by GMenOnDeck View Post
    Thom Brennaman to replace Joe Buck due to MLB playoffs
    Best news I've heard all day!

Buck is a tool. You can easliy pick up on his bias' , but I think Troy is pretty fair.

I hope I don't get bounced from the board but Buck and Aikmen are actually my favorite announcing team.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMc View Post
    I hope I don't get bounced from the board but Buck and Aikmen are actually my favorite announcing team.
    You're fired!

Quote Originally Posted by fourth&forever View Post
    Best news I've heard all day!
    Buck is still doing the Giants game today then will do the NLCS as both games are in SF.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMc View Post
    Troy is fair and unbiased. Probably pays Eli more praise than any color guy out there. I just find Buck boring.

+ Reply to Thread