+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players and Adderall

Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    haha, good one

i blame the doctors ... they get paid millions and they cant take 2 seconds to review the list of NFL banned substances ... they are more worried about playing Golf with the drug rep. pawning them the latest and greatest script !!
    You blame the doctors?? These guys aren'g getting it from team doctors. Why is it a doctors responcibility to know what his/her patient is aloud to take. These are regular doctors that these guys are going to. They are not NFL employed doctors. Why make excused for these very wealthy proffesional players. They need to know what they can and cant take. It's that simple.

Right. That and I know very few doctors that are paid millions of dollars.

It may not enhance performance on the field but it does in the classroom. Players have to study the playbook and a lot of film in their spare time. Adderall keeps them awake and able to focus and cram a lot of information. Adderall is a well known 'study drug' on university campuses.

(College campuses known to be highly competitive had up to 25% of students use an ADHD medication within one year, a survey of students at 119 colleges across the country concluded.) - From Wiki

Depends on how the Adderall is being used as well. I was reading an article on Adderall a moment ago and apparently snorting it gives the same effect as cocaine. It would seem very plausible for a player to attempt to get an edge by doing this. Also, one of the common side effects is aggressive and hostile behavior which would definitely be beneficial on the football field. I guess forsaking long term health for a short term gain more than the players already are is worth it in their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Have these guys been tricked in to thinking its a performance enhancement? its not...
    Yeah it is. Not just in a physical sense. Adderall allows you to focus like a mofo because it's an amphetamine. also makes you hyper like cocaine...obviously.

Interesting discussion, I think Brown gut the buy early because it wasn't well known after his suspension and subsequent reinstatement. I think Goddell might feel that everyone has been warned and if you have a prescription then you need to let the NFL know about it!

Its really not. From personal experience its not. The only think I can think of, which another poster brought up, is trying to memorize the playbook.

Adderall is an amphetamine. It increases your heart rate so when you run around you feel winded much quicker than you normally would. Not to mention how bad that is for your heart. I used to play lacrosse on all sorts of drugs, and these ADHD amphetamines were never of any help.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    You blame the doctors?? These guys aren'g getting it from team doctors. Why is it a doctors responcibility to know what his/her patient is aloud to take. These are regular doctors that these guys are going to. They are not NFL employed doctors. Why make excused for these very wealthy proffesional players. They need to know what they can and cant take. It's that simple.
    so we common folk know that any athlete is restricted from taking certain meds, but these primadonna doctors dont know that???? ... that is scary
    Apologize to Melo 5

+ Reply to Thread