+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 265 1231151101 ... LastLast

*** Official Game Day Thread: Giants @ San Francisco***

Well, according to many media heads, this is the game of games, the revenge game for the 49ers loss to the Giants in the 2011 NFCC game when the Niners just didn't play well enough to win as opposed to losing to the Giants. One Niners' player recently went so far as to say "they have something we should have" apparently meaning Super Bowl rings. That assume, of course, they would have won had they made it to the Super Bowl.

This makes for great theater, but history is what it is and they didn't win the NFCC game and, consequently, didn't get a chance to win the Super Bowl. So this now provides their motivation for taking the Giants to the proverbial wood shed. But the problem there is even if they win, it's just another game. It's not a championship game, we're not even at the season halfway point.

It's the next game on the schedule for both teams. It's as important as any game on the schedule in terms of wins and losses. Fortunately for the Giants there are some parallels between this game and that game:

The media consensus is the 49ers will win.
    It's an away game which is not a bad thing for us.
    Injured players are returning to the playing field.
    Eli Manning is still the best clutch QB in the League.

I like our chances!

HERE WE GO, GIANTS, HERE WE GO!!
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-14-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

i like our chances as well.. we REALLY need to come out swinging, we cant afford to be trailing behind these guys even for a min. i want some david wilson

Veteran
    LETS GO LIONS!!!

Cowboys are going down, if the Lions win and we win, we're back in First place where we belong!

you know what to do today G-Men!

shut all the non believers up, all of 'em.

lets go!

Starter
    Let's go Giants! Watching from my couch here in Germany. 10:25 PM start time.

Giants vs. 49ers inactives

NEW YORK GIANTS

DT Rocky Bernard
    RB Andre Brown
    S Kenny Phillips
    WR Jerrell Jernigan
    DE Adewale Ojomo
    OT James Brewer
    TE Adrien Robinson
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Let's go G-MEN!!!! Beat these guys.

Veteran
    Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday Hakeem Nicks giving the pregame pep talk to the Giants. Have never seen him fired up like that before!

This is going to be a great game

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    This is going to be a great game
    IF it ever STARTS. LOL. Trying to be patient but keep getting out of my chair, then cannot remember where I was going, so I sit back down. LOL