+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurt Warner IS a hater!!!

Banned
    What exactly did the Giants tell Warner? I remember watching an interview when he was here and the person giving the interview asked him if he wanted to retire a Giant and he said "yes". It seemed like he expected to play for 5 years while the man we traded our future draft picks away for sat on the bench. If he was thinking that he's beyond delusional or we lied to him. I thought it was a bad idea bringing him in anyway... I guess we were trying to show some of our vets that weren't giving up on em.

In the begining of the pittsburg/titans game Kurt credited himself for "grooming" Eli. I feel he knows he wasn't part of the Giant system but still thinks he would have played better then Eli. He wanted a big pat on the back for saying that. That's Kurt. Always will be, just ignore..

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    What exactly did the Giants tell Warner? I remember watching an interview when he was here and the person giving the interview asked him if he wanted to retire a Giant and he said "yes". It seemed like he expected to play for 5 years while the man we traded our future draft picks away for sat on the bench. If he was thinking that he's beyond delusional or we lied to him. I thought it was a bad idea bringing him in anyway... I guess we were trying to show some of our vets that weren't giving up on em.
    I agree that Warner was a bad decision cause the Giants traded for Eli. Why do that and get another qb he can learn from? Might as well kept Rivers. Glad they didn't though hahahaaaa.

Veteran
    As Giants fans we should appreciate the greatness of the Kurt Warner Giant era. 5-4, oh those were the days. Does anyone know where I can get the DVD for the Kurt Warner Giants career?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    thank you for being honest. see i knew it was blown out of proportion
    Come on. Eli is as much better than Smith as his receivers are better than the Niners. That's still a crazy statement. You know as well as everyone else that he's bitter towards Eli. He WAS ranking them separately. He ranked the QB vs QB spot not QB with receivers. He made a stupid statement about Eli and tried to wash over it by saying it's not Mano a mano that he's rating them, but did he curve the RB grade because of the oline?

Can anyone show Warner picking Smith over Eli?

Quote Originally Posted by yatitle View Post
    As Giants fans we should appreciate the greatness of the Kurt Warner Giant era. 5-4, oh those were the days. Does anyone know where I can get the DVD for the Kurt Warner Giants career?
    Exactly, the team was 5-4 under Warner during the soft part of the schedule that year and the team was getting progressively worse as they were in the midst of dealing with a characteristic plague of injuries that hit out OL, WR, heck even strahan went down that year. The team wasn't ready to make a playoff push so might as well see what the rookie can do and get his licks in.

Warner was cut by the Rams when we picked him up, if anything he should be thankign the organization for giving him a chance to audition to other teams to show he could still start in the league.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

The biggest difference to me about Smith and Eli is that Eli knows how to manage games. Eli knows how to keep the offence in games. When the 49ers are behind, Smith enters panic mode and all bets are off.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    Warner was signed by the Giants almost 2 months after the draft/trade that brought us Eli. It was pretty clear to everyone at that point that Warner was brought in as an interim solution until Eli was ready to go...if Warner thought differently, I would say that he is not very bright. The fact that he was available to sign in June, 2004 was a good indication that no one was all that interested in him, and actually his performance for the Giants helped him get signed by Arizona the next year...

+ Reply to Thread