+ Reply to Thread

NFL Kickoff: Week 6 Buzz, headlines, and picks

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "Here's a look at the top storylines and big matchups from around the nation as we near kickoff on another Sunday of NFL football:

In a rematch of last year's NFC Championship game, the Giants travel to San Francisco Sunday to take on the 49ers. The revenge factor should provide the 49ers with plenty of motivation, while the Giants will be out to prove that their Super Bowl berth was no fluke.

CBSSports.com Senior NFL Columnist Clark Judge writes that Sunday's rematch gives the 49ers an opportunity to prove something not only to the Giants, but also to the rest of the NFL:
    It's San Francisco's chance to prove that it is the best team out there, period.
    I know I haven't seen anyone better. Granted, the 49ers lost at Minnesota. It happens. Sometimes you take one step back to go two steps forward, and all I know is that after that loss the 49ers outscored their next two opponents 79-3 and have the attention of Giants coach Tom Coughlin.

As for the Giants, they're embracing the role of underdog. Head coach Tom Coughlin has the defending champs using the lack of respect as motivation: (via NJ.com)
    "Nobody gives us a chance to win," Coughlin said. "We’ll see."

Giants wide receiver Domenik Hixon expressed similar sentiments:
    “You kind of expect it,” he said. “We’ve heard, ‘You’re lucky you won the Super Bowl,’ to other things for last year, which is fine. None of that matters come Sunday.”
    Watch video of Fox Sports senior NFL writer Alex Marvez breaking down the 49ers-Giants matchup below:" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Everyone is picking the 49er's which is fine in my book! Even better when we beat them!

It's a 49er's love fest out there! Hope those boys get overconfident!

I hope Alex Smith gets his like Montana did by Marshal! I want to see Alex Smith cry!

Here are my Week 6 Picks: Ravens beat Cowboys, Giants beat 49ers, Lions beat Eagles, and the Vikings beat the Redskins.