+ Reply to Thread

Giants coaching staff takes the league to school again

How many times in the past few years have the Giants faced the team that everybody calls the class of the league and promptly shown everybody how to play them? 49ers, Packers, Pats, Ravens, Steelers, etc. Tom Coughlin, et al (and yes, that includes Kevin Gilbride) are the best I've ever seen a Giants coaching staff at game planning. At least as good as Parcels & Co.

Now, RGIII is giving everybody fits. I can't wait to see their approach. I only hope the Giants are ready to play a great game at home. They need to start playing as well at home as they do on the road.

Giants always play up to their competition. Unfortunately, they always play down to their competition too...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Well called game by Gilbride. I criticize the guy enough that I have to post when he's to be congratulated. Sticking with the run early paid off late and allowed from some good playaction too. Of course Fewell and his defense allowed the Giants to keep running but not letting them get behind all game. An impressive win all around, the Giants don't have too many complete games. Time to savor this one.

the Giants stepped up and consistently does step up in big games!

if this defense plays as they did today the Giants are gonna school everyone!

Gilbride has been a very good offensive coordinator since taking over here. He does a great job maintaining balance in our offense...we several years we have been a top running team and then became a potent passing offense. This man does not get enough credit at all....and the Shotgun draw is not a bad play at all. With Eli Manning at the helm, he is on the same page as Gilbride and knows how to make adjustments presnap. This is a WELL-COACHED team and it was a shame that people wanted Bill Cowher here.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Giants always play up to their competition. Unfortunately, they always play down to their competition too...
    Agreed, and enough with that crap. It needs to end this year. This isn't like 2008 when the Giants were hurt on depth with Strahan leaving, Osi going to down, Shockey traded, and Plax shooting himself. This team is as deep and talented as any other team in the NFL. There's no reason for them to play down to anyone.

Its kinda crazy how I feel 10x more confident playing away than at home. We gotta hold the fort down this week and give our fans something to celebrate about. RG3's the new phenomenon they say, and I must admit, kid's looked very good, but he hasn't faced the defending SB champion New York Giants.