+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Cool I don't see Eli as MVP

I think its more of him in the right situation in a great system with a great coach. Eli makes some terrific throws no doubt but as we know runs hot and cold and seems to play with more fire when we are trailing in games.

He has come a long way and oct is usually his best month as he tends to like warmer weather. I think its fair to say he has come into his own and idont think there is a better QB when you need a quick score to tie it up or take the lead. But MVP of the league ,no don't really see it .

if he does HOF no doubt

Coughlin using his Tablet

Who in the league has played better than Eli?

So who do you want to give to? Matt Ryan whose never won a playoff game?

I don't really care about the MVP thing. Neither does he. As long as we are in the playoffs and winning SB's, that's good enough.

Its too early to say. Lets wait after week 8 to determine the leader

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Who in the league has played better than Eli?
    Brady or Rodgers, because they throw pretty passes, and they look pretty doing it.

I do think he should be mentioned , im also thinking its way to early. could it go to RG3?

Coughlin using his Tablet

he is imo in the early running for mvp! Matt Ryan is having a good year and may be the only one challenging Eli for that award! with this win against the previous "best team" in football shines a bright light on Eli.

Eli is already a hof'er imo! those two sbs and sb mvp clinched that!

"I think its more of him in the right situation in a great system with a great coach. Eli makes some terrific throws no doubt but as we know runs hot and cold and seems to play with more fire when we are trailing in games.

He has come a long way and oct is usually his best month as he tends to like warmer weather. I think its fair to say he has come into his own and idont think there is a better QB when you need a quick score to tie it up or take the lead. But MVP of the league ,no don't really see it .

if he does HOF no doubt"

I respectfully disagree. Look at past League MVP's. Joe Montana won it twice. He was in the right situation with a great system and a great coach. Remember, if the Giants didn't take Phil in the draft, they would have selected Montana. Kurt Warner won it with the Rams. Now I don't think **** Vermeil is a great coach. He was a good coach, don't get me wrong. Kurt was in a right situation there, with the greatest show on turf. Rich Gannon won it with the Raiders, and I can't say they had a good anything. I think Eli is surely on track to be a league MVP. You said it yourself....there's no better QB when you need a quick score and are down. Right there, it seems he's the most valuable player. : )

When Gilbride ran this system without Eli, it got labeled the "chuck and duck" now with a QB like Eli running it you are calling it a great system at the right time. That alone speaks volumes.