+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Canty and Joseph

These two are not worth what Cofield was to us all of last season.

We have had NO pass rush up the middle all season long, and these two are the reason for that.

I know some will say "Well Joseph is a large run stuffer" but we aren't very good against the run either.

We should have paid Barry Cofield what he wanted and cut Canty. The talent difference is undeniable as is production. If we have Cofield getting consistent pressure up the middle, this is a different team.

Re: Canty and Joseph

I'm not mad at Joseph. I wasn't expecting a great deal from him this year, so he's not exceeding or falling below my expectations.

Canty on the other hand is just so overpaid. He's one of our highest paid players and he hardly does anything.

[quote user="VBGiantsFan"]These two are not worth what Cofield was to us all of last season.

We have had NO pass rush up the middle all season long, and these two are the reason for that.

I know some will say "Well Joseph is a large run stuffer" but we aren't very good against the run either.

We should have paid Barry Cofield what he wanted and cut Canty. The talent difference is undeniable as is production. If we have Cofield getting consistent pressure up the middle, this is a different team.[/quote]

linval is not the problem... period

[quote user="VBGiantsFan"]These two are not worth what Cofield was to us all of last season.

We should have paid Barry Cofield what he wanted and cut Canty. The talent difference is undeniable as is production. If we have Cofield getting consistent pressure up the middle, this is a different team.[/quote]

it is extremely evident that you do not understand the duties of a DT in a 4 linemen defense

this team has major LB issues.......they affect the secondary and they affect the line more than many of you understand

Ill just leave it at that

JR-JR-JR-JR GOT TO GO-GO-GO-GO

No one is playing well outside of JPP Period! End of story! Try to convince yourself diffrently all u want but your fooling yourself! Were not good up the gut against the run on the outside nor against the deep or short pass! Why u people continue to try and stick up for this team is beyond recolection! I don't care if its your team or not! They have the most embaressing games in the entire league way to often! Just pathetic!

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="VBGiantsFan"]These two are not worth what Cofield was to us all of last season.

it is extremely evident that you do not understand the duties of a DT in a 4 linemen defense[/quote]

Well then what are their duties? Because they're not generating pressure, they're not stopping the run, they're not opening up holes for other defenders...so what are their duties and what are they doing right?

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="VBGiantsFan"]These two are not worth what Cofield was to us all of last season.

it is extremely evident that you do not understand the duties of a DT in a 4 linemen defense

this team has major LB issues.......they affect the secondary and they affect the line more than many of you understand

Ill just leave it at that[/quote]

amen..to be honest canty has played very well this year..and im pumped about what joesph has done this year..throw austin into the mix next year and we may have someting next year...I know this team does not value lbers in the draft but we have neglected this position for too long.

[quote user="Overdrive92"][quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="VBGiantsFan"]These two are not worth what Cofield was to us all of last season.

it is extremely evident that you do not understand the duties of a DT in a 4 linemen defense[/quote]

Well then what are their duties? Because they're not generating pressure, they're not stopping the run, they're not opening up holes for other defenders...so what are their duties and what are they doing right?[/quote]

joesph has gotten push up the middle all year..our lbers and d-backs are poor tacklers...watch the game today again..ull see

We need another Keith Hamilton...great pass rusher as well as run stopper...just minus beating kids with belts...