+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was waiting for the "We beat ourselves crap"

Why can't some of these guys just say the better team won today? This is what Gore had to say.

“We beat ourselves on a lot of stuff out there,” said Gore, one of the offensive co-captains along with Smith. “We didn’t play San Francisco football today. They came in and got a win.”

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/...0-6f6ba5fe5dad

Bummer

they should have said " hats off to the giants they played one heck of a game and we will hopefully bounce back next week"

but i dont really expect a player to tell their fans, "look the giants are better than we are so dont bother buying anymore tickets or buying any merchandise because we wont make the SB. "

Beat themselves by bouncing off Giants defenders and hitting the ground

Plz oh plz let every other team we play the rest of the season "beat themselves" all the way to the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    they should have said " hats off to the giants they played one heck of a game and we will hopefully bounce back next week"

but i dont really expect a player to tell their fans, "look the giants are better than we are so dont bother buying anymore tickets or buying any merchandise because we wont make the SB. "
    All teams are better off by looking in the mirror, and calling a spade a spade. Gore should've said the Giants kicked our asses, they were the better team today, and we have work to do.

Unfortunately for them, I think we rattled Alex Smith so much, that he is going to be gun shy the rest of the season. We clubbed him like a baby seal today. I think he feels so battered and being that he is a wuss, the 49ers season hinges on him unfortunately, they will sputter the rest of the season.

The Giants never beat anybody, the other team always beat themselves or they lose it to us. ;-)

Starter
    C'mon, they beat themselves again?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflam View Post
    Unfortunately for them, I think we rattled Alex Smith so much, that he is going to be gun shy the rest of the season. We clubbed him like a baby seal today. I think he feels so battered and being that he is a wuss, the 49ers season hinges on him unfortunately, they will sputter the rest of the season.
    Remember when we did that to Brady? He ended up retooling his entire offense around slants to 2 tight ends the next time he was due to face the Giants...

Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

Classless. I think using that "we beat ourselves" BS was a cop out last year but I understood a close game which was decided by a take away and FG made them feel that way. However this game the got smashed...u didn't beat yourselves, we beat u. U didn't give us the win we took it from u.

It's becoming real popular to say we beat ourselves in the NFL. These guys say we didn't play 9ers football, or we went away from the game plan. U damn right...ur use to playing with a lead and when u don't have it and ur forced to throw and make plays u can't do it. Consider yourselves exposed!

LMFAO 9ER FANS CANT ADMIT WE DESTROY THEM SO THEY'RE SAYING JACOBS GAVE US THE 9ERS GAMEPLAN...AND THEY MEAN IT LMFAO SORRY FOR CAPS

Oct 14, 2012 at 23:04:33#45
    lordfangio
    Originally posted by btthepunk:
    HAHA!!
    Its ridiculous for people to think Jacobs gave our gameplan to the Giants, come on now. Maybe Randy Moss gave the Vikings our gameplan too since he's not being used as much as he thought/wants. Maybe Snyder and Costanzo will give us the Cardinals and Bears gameplans when we play them?

We played the Giants twice last year and its not as if our playcalling is much different except including Kaep. Even then they knew that its a pretty good chance hes gonna run to the outside.

It's completely different. Moss has never griped about the coaching staff. And why the hell would Snyder have beef? He's a starter. And Costanzo is a core special teamer, just like he's been throughout his career. Brandon Jacobs, however, has well-publicized issues with the coaching staff. Going into the game I feared that something like this were possible, and, let's just say that what I saw happen on the field and what happened with his actions after the game didn't make me think that that was a crazy thought/idea. I'm not saying I'd bet my life that he did something like that, but I definitely wouldn't bet my life that he didn't, either and I do think we should do like Braylon and probably cut him.

Like I said, even if you forget about Jacobs for a second, it did look like they knew exactly what we were up to, and we have shown we have an incredibly creative and unpredictable coaching staff so the fact that NYG looked to always be a step ahead of us looked awfully suspicious...then when you throw in the fact that we got a player who used to play for them, is buddy-buddy with them, was kicking it with them/saying how much he misses them in the locker room afterwards, AND has beef with the coaching staff, it'd be foolish to completely dismiss the idea IMO. Jacobs likely just doesn't give a f**k how we do since he doesn't play even though he thinks he can and he is clearly irritated with the coaching staff. Completely dismissing this notion is ignorant.