+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool I wonder if this loss causes the 49ers to reel

Jim Harbaugh, while I think he is a tool bag, is a good coach. I think he gets the most out of his players. His 1.5 year record proves this, and look he basically took Singletary's team that went 6-10, and proceeded to go 13-3. I wouldn't cry if he were my head coach, but I can't stand his *** as the enemy. Anyway...

The 49ers, outside of the NFC Conf Game, have been on cloud 9 the past 2 years almost. But the plain fact is that they have been overachieving, and while Alex Smith has brought his game up a notch, I don't think he can be anything more than a pedestrian QB. Back in the day, you could get away with a ground and pound O and monster D. But in this pass happy league, A.Smith is going to be exposed more in the future.

With that being said, it is quite possible that this team goes 5-5 the rest of the year and miss the playoffs. Arizona could very well win the division. SF has a tough schedule. Look at the Eagles (I ****ing hate you the most, even more that Dallas) - Reid has a stupid crazy amount of talent on that team and a veteran star QB and they haven't put it together and been basically a .500 team the last 14 games. Harbuagh better get his troops mentality ready, or I think this momentum shift could send them on a crash course the rest of the season. Alex Smith is allegedly a softie.

If they do win the Division, I would love to rip their hearts out again in the playoffs. Better for them not to even go because if they face us again, we'll go Khal Drogo on them by slicing their neck and ripping out their tongue.

Philly is a terrible team aside from their pass rush and McCoy...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

49ers are as solid and tough as they come. They're not going to despair anytime soon.

it wont phase them

they have a weak division they can easily win

and if the GMEN, Pack, etc. have a bad game, they can win

let's not have a bad game if there is a next time

but they are EXTREMELY CONSERVATIVE ... not sure we were ever that conservative, but that is what makes the NFL great ... differenty philosopys going head to head
    Apologize to Melo 5

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Philly is a terrible team aside from their pass rush and McCoy...
    Philly is terrible vs everybody but us! Vick coughs it up to every team this season but not to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Philly is terrible vs everybody but us! Vick coughs it up to every team this season but not to us!

Last game of the season... I don't care if we've clinched #1 seed by week 17 and they're out of the playoffs, we have to play LIGHTS OUT against philly. That's the game I have circled; I want them to feel the pain and suffering as Vick gets slammed into the turf, as the lamentations of philly fans everywhere reach a never-before-heard level...

Besides, GB took it easy vs the Lions the last week of the season last year and look where it got them.

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

While I think the niners are the best in their division, the rest of that division isn't bad at all. The seahawks are playing everyone tough. The cards are playing hard. Even the Rams are not toothless this year. The niners will have to earn their division.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    it wont phase them

they have a weak division they can easily win

and if the GMEN, Pack, etc. have a bad game, they can win

let's not have a bad game if there is a next time

but they are EXTREMELY CONSERVATIVE ... not sure we were ever that conservative, but that is what makes the NFL great ... differenty philosopys going head to head
    Don't watch much football huh? The Seahawks and Cardinals are playing good football, the Rams are improved as well. No guarantee that they'll make it.

While I think the niners are the best in their division, the rest of that division isn't bad at all. The seahawks are playing everyone tough. The cards are playing hard. Even the Rams are not toothless this year. The niners will have to earn their division.
    I said it last year that they would not win that division. The Cards and Seahawks came both beat them.

Banned
    Wow we said the same exact things. Sorry didn't read the whole thread and certainly wasn't copying.