+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jealous

Starter

Jealous

Does anyone else watch other NFL games and get a jealous feeling? I always get the feeling, regardless of the teams I'm watching (could be the best team, could be the worst team) because I watch them mix up their plays on offense and run different stunts and coverages on defense. I constantly think back to Giants games where I feel like I'm watching the same thing every down.

Maybe it's the grass is always greener on the other side effect, but it sucks. For example, I'm watching the Broncos/Pats right now and on one side I see the Pats switching up their plays, while on defense the Broncos are stunting and running a few different schemes that are proving to be effective.

Am I the only one who gets these feelings?

Re: Jealous

every week.........

Starter

Yeah, I mean I'm not even really talking about a "why can't our team do this and that," but its like other games just feel....different...when compared to Giants games.

[quote user="aMies"]Yeah, I mean I'm not even really talking about a "why can't our team do this and that," but its like other games just feel....different...when compared to Giants games.
    [/quote]
    U are right on
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

does seem like an up hill battle every week....

Starter

[quote user="blueomaha"]does seem like an up hill battle every week....
    [/quote]

It really does. It may just be a specific mindset you get into watching the same team every week. It just seems that other games have a different feel to them. The crowds are loud, the players seem to be energized, the play calling is different, the commentators are better (Giants seem to get the shaft when it comes to that).

[quote user="aMies"]Does anyone else watch other NFL games and get a jealous feeling? I always get the feeling, regardless of the teams I'm watching (could be the best team, could be the worst team) because I watch them mix up their plays on offense and run different stunts and coverages on defense. I constantly think back to Giants games where I feel like I'm watching the same thing every down.

Maybe it's the grass is always greener on the other side effect, but it sucks. For example, I'm watching the Broncos/Pats right now and on one side I see the Pats switching up their plays, while on defense the Broncos are stunting and running a few different schemes that are proving to be effective.

Am I the only one who gets these feelings?
    [/quote]You are not alone. We have been blessed over the decades to have many great DC's from Parcells to Bellichek to Fox to Spags (to name a few) but living through Lewis, Sheridan and now Fewell has been a miserable experience.
    No one remembers who came in second.