+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Almost a perfect game

The best the Giant shave played since the playoff run. I only can think of one criticism and it is really nit picking. TC calling time out at the end of the half on 4th down. Almost cost 3 points. I think he thought it was a first down so I can't really blame him.

Twice we were inside the 15 and only came away with FGs. Not acceptable

I liked the game a lot. We definitely need to improve in the redzone. It's like we can score anywhere else on the field BUT the redzone. So frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by CTLadyBlue View Post
    Sometime you have to tip your hat to the defense. 49ers are one of the best Defenses in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Sometime you have to tip your hat to the defense. 49ers are one of the best Defenses in the NFL.
    This. I think our redzone problems will disappear vs the skins...

1st Rolle INT = ball on 10 yard line, result = FG
    2nd Rolle INT = ball on 5 yard line, result = FG

With weapons like Eli, Bradshaw, Wilson, Cruz, Nicks, Bennet, Hixon that's the best we can come up with? We left 12 points on the field from inside the 10 yard line.

You guys hit the nail; on the head. Redzone offense has been horrible. We needed to punch at least one of those Rolle ints into the endzone. Also, TC had another blip in his coaching. I'm not sure why on earth he called the TO with 15 seconds left on the clock. Call it at 1 second and dont let the 49ers have a shot after it. And it was blocked. Ugly way to end the half.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    The way I saw it, it wasn't anything the 49ers D that was doing, but what we were not doing. All of a sudden we went pass happy and the pass play calling was not appropriate.

TRUE ! You know I always say this !..............Need TD,s in the Red Zone...................But as they say, a Win's a WIN !

Go Giants !

Almost a perfect game. The only thing that irks me is that we should have blown them out. We needed to convert more points with the turnovers they had.

Although San Fran is a great defense, I fail to believe that our offense really couldn't get a little more push for 4 more points.

It's been a problem for quite awhlle now.