+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Defending Super Bowl Champion NY Giants establish themselves...

Defending Super Bowl Champion NY Giants establish themselves as the best team in the NFL with a beating of the San Francisco 49ers

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1183573

Excerpt: "The Giants team that worked its way through the playoffs in January and then won the Super Bowl in February finally showed up in October to assert itself as the best team in the NFL.

The 49ers were supposedly the premier team before the Giants came into Candlestick Park and completely dominated San Francisco, 26-3, Sunday, stalling for a bit Jim Harbaugh’s ascent toward Bill Walsh as the all-time geniuses in Niners history.
    PHOTOS: GIANTS SHOW 49ERS WHO IS BOSS IN NFC

This was the same Giants team that beat the Falcons, Packers and 49ers in the playoffs and then beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl for the second time in five seasons but had been missing so far in the 2012 season. It took six weeks, but the Giants are now alone in first place in the NFC East for the first time this season.

The Giants needed a quality victory after bottom-feeding on the Bucs, Panthers and Browns and losing to the Cowboys and Eagles. They needed to let the NFL know before the season progressed much further and especially before playing division games against the Redskins and Cowboys the next two weeks that they intend to defend their championship. Are they better than the undefeated Falcons, who have survived games the last three weeks against mediocre competition? It’s hard to dismiss the Giants 24-2 victory over Atlanta in last season’s playoffs." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Bench Player
    And another writer agrees:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--su...nant-team.html

Darn, if this snowballs, we're screwed

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    And another writer agrees:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--su...nant-team.html

Darn, if this snowballs, we're screwed
    LOL It's the day after, they will all come back to their senses by Thursday.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

No, no, no. I don't want us to be 'established'. I don't want to be 'the team to beat'. I don't want us to be the NFC's dominant force. Underrated and under-appreciated have worked so well.

Quote Originally Posted by CTLadyBlue View Post
    No, no, no. I don't want us to be 'established'. I don't want to be 'the team to beat'. I don't want us to be the NFC's dominant force. Underrated and under-appreciated have worked so well.
    It's just media hype

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's just media hype
    nd their plan to mess everything up cause when the Giants know they are tough, they start to play sloppy. Red Front.

statement game ... i know that is cliche, b/c the NFL is a war of attrition and a marathon not a sprint

but SF trying to downplay our great victory in the Championship game, put us in a sprint mode for a week and i loved it
    Apologize to Melo 5

I hope the skins come out swinging in the media with all the "we swept you guys last year"... at that point, I know we'll win...

Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I hope the skins come out swinging in the media with all the "we swept you guys last year"... at that point, I know we'll win...

Yes, I'd love that, haven't beat them in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanNC View Post
    Yes, I'd love that, haven't beat them in a while.

Don't worry It's OUR Turn ! You see what happened to SF on Sunday !........They had us losing by 6.............The same Giants will show up against the Skins !

Go Giants !