+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Colin Cowhered On Giants This Morning

Ok, the show hasn't started yet, it starts at 10am. But this guy has been all over the Giants this year when no one else has. Mark my words he will be dedicating a good chunk of his show to Gmen Niners game and will be singing some high praises for our Giants.

Please tune in guys, for all of you who think the Giants get no love after a nice win. That is all..

edit: I will update this thread with some good quotes as the show progresses. Herd always has some hilarious **** to say.

Mike and Mike: "What surprised me was the dominance of the Giants, just pure dominance in that game"
    Cowherd: "The Giants are a favorite to go to the superbowl. They are right? If they aren't they should be"

Cowherd: "The Giants know they are the best team in this league on any given day...They know they are the best team, on the road, at home, I cant figure them out..but they humiliated a demoralized 49ers team yesterday"

Cowherd: "Good team like this are saving for the playoffs"

His main point this morning is that great teams, especially the Giants are saving for the end of the year/post season and know they can flip a switch... I've been saying this for a long time about this team. Both in terms of personnel and play calls/schemes we are saving the good stuff for the end of the year and playoffs. Its true, no one wants to believe that we didn't throw everything we had at the Eagles/Cowboys...but we didn't. We just didn't. the 1 and 3rd game of the season just aren't as important. Im glad Cowherd is acknowledging this.

"The Giants are the best road team in the NFL in over a decade".. "And ask any Giant fan, they know this, its crazy but the Giants are the absolute best road team in the league"
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 10-15-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Im waiting to see Skip Bayless's face and what he says... Damn, I forgot, he will probably just talk about Tebows 1 good throw on the fake punt for an hour.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Im waiting to see Skip Bayless's face and what he says... Damn, I forgot, he will probably just talk about Tebows 1 good throw on the fake punt for an hour.
    He may have talked about eli and the giants today but that all ended with Rodgers 6td perfomance last night. now they will both be falling all over themselves heaping praise on Arron and the Packers saying they are back after making a statement against the 5-0 Texans.

All that proved is what we knew all along. The AFC stinks and is overated. After denver beat SD tonight there will be only two teams over .500. The Ravens 5-1 which got totally out played by dallas who had the ball 40+ minutes and had over 500 yards of offense on them. It was just Romo and thier idiot coaches that lost that game for them again. And you have the 5-1 Texans who were exposed last night. face it afc is weak
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Yeah, I only watch First Take and those shows when I get bored. Trust me, the radio is much better. Just tune to ESPN radio and you will be much happier and more informed than watching Skip stroke Tebows **** all morning.

he did compliment the Giants but foolishly promoted the 49rs and NE

he dissed the Eagles and Seattle

Best quote so far "Ugh ... Dallas".

Yeah, I think he the best on ESPN radio personally. He gave the Giants their props but said it like it was: The niners arent a bad team and they will make the playoffs. Same with GB at Houston. Yeah, GB is a good team, but Houston is still the team they were the first 5 weeks. One loss to a desperate team doesn't mean anything, especially in week 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Best quote so far "Ugh ... Dallas".
    Haha, anything Dallas paired with something negative and I'll love it. Colin Cowherd might do his job for the money and rating (but which one of us doesn't work for the money) but he is the best sports personality on ESPN radio.

I remember back in the day like 1998ish Jim Rome used to have a show at about 5pm everyday on the radio...I forget if it was ESPN or not but he was good...the best. Colin is the only host that has come close to him IMO

Herd is trashing Vick and I Love it "Can you ever remember ELI having 2 fumbles in a game? I can't...Vick is a turnover machine and a Coach killer...35 fumbles in 3 years.."

Love it. fk Vick, scumbag

Veteran
    Just waiting for Jason Whitlock to comment.

...Oh wait, these are typically the situations where he coincidentally goes on a 1 week 'vacation' aren't they?