+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
  1. #1
    Veteran FIFTY6G-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ARMPIT OF U.S.
    Posts
    1,989

    Our Red Zone Performance

    We left 12 points on the field yesterday. I was very unhappy with alot of the play calls in the red zone. We have the ability to move the ball down field at will, yet when we get in the red zone it almost seems as if Gilbride moves away from what works very well and 3 times we ended up with field goals on a very short field. Whats the deal with his play calls?
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"


  2. #2
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,196
    Eli is the one deciding run or pass down there.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    We left 12 points on the field yesterday. I was very unhappy with alot of the play calls in the red zone. We have the ability to move the ball down field at will, yet when we get in the red zone it almost seems as if Gilbride moves away from what works very well and 3 times we ended up with field goals on a very short field. Whats the deal with his play calls?
    I think this one will be lost in the euphoria of the win but it is a reason for concern. Rolle's INT's gave us the ball on the 10 yard line the first time and on the 5 the second time and both times we could not gain a single yard! If this is not a reason for concern, I am not sure what is. Killdrive's lack of imagination and his predictability is apparent. I just do not understand why Coughlin does not address this because it happens consistently. I guess some things will never change. Good thing our defense showed up and the secondary covered SF's WR very well. Props to Fewell's scheme. It worked for once!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Eli is the one deciding run or pass down there.
    If that's the case then someone needs to step in and fix that because whatever it is, it is not working.

  5. #5
    Veteran FIFTY6G-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ARMPIT OF U.S.
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Eli is the one deciding run or pass down there.
    Are you sure? Its not like the 2 min drill. I do understand Eli can call audibles, but I dont think Eli was making the play calls yesterday. I could be wrong.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"


  6. #6
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,196
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Are you sure? Its not like the 2 min drill. I do understand Eli can call audibles, but I dont think Eli was making the play calls yesterday. I could be wrong.
    Eli is always making the calls. He gets multiple plays in the huddle. That's what "kill kill" means. They are going to the #2 play.

  7. #7
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,546
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Are you sure? Its not like the 2 min drill. I do understand Eli can call audibles, but I dont think Eli was making the play calls yesterday. I could be wrong.
    Eli always has at least one option to audible
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-15-2012 at 10:55 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  8. #8
    I've know about making plays and feel that KG doesn't have that many plays for short distances. I think he needs to make some that are designed for short distance. One of the things he needs to add is the delay run and some screens. He adds those to his play calling will give him more options. Those two plays I explained are set up plays and look like other type of plays like the draw play that looks like a pass play. You also have fake draw plays etc.

    Another thing could be big receiving talent. Receivers who are good at blocking. Those type of guys can come off their blocks and get at open spots mixed with the run plays can help in the redzone a lot.

  9. #9
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    30,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    I've know about making plays and feel that KG doesn't have that many plays for short distances. I think he needs to make some that are designed for short distance. One of the things he needs to add is the delay run and some screens. He adds those to his play calling will give him more options. Those two plays I explained are set up plays and look like other type of plays like the draw play that looks like a pass play. You also have fake draw plays etc.

    Another thing could be big receiving talent. Receivers who are good at blocking. Those type of guys can come off their blocks and get at open spots mixed with the run plays can help in the redzone a lot.
    That's what we did last week against Cleveland. Cruz pretended he was going to block and then ran a slant route I believe.

    Let's go.

  10. #10
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,196
    I'm curious if anyone has looked at QB redzone effectiveness. I do think Eli struggles down there a bit, but perhaps he is around league average

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts