+ Reply to Thread

Special teams vastly improved

Really impressed with the turnaround in all areas. Punt Kickoff coverage and returns Field Goals, what a stark difference from last year.
    David Wilson is awesome!

Except for the blocked FG. That sucked. Tynes is still great though, his 2 misses were the block which was the OL fault and the ridiculous 54 yard FG attempt to beat the Eagles, which, was the coaches fault IMO.

Special teams have improved, but it seems that Weatherford has not been dropping kicks inside the 15 yard line like he did last year. I like Tynes directional kick offs, a bit dangerous but very nice. He should have made that 54 yarder in Philly. He had plenty of leg when the time out was called. I believe it was a bad snap and hold.....but I think overall he has been very accurate this year.

The coverage teams have been very good and the return teams even better.

The 49ers special teams vastly got shatted on.

Quote Originally Posted by eastbayblue View Post
    Really impressed with the turnaround in all areas. Punt Kickoff coverage and returns Field Goals, what a stark difference from last year.
    David Wilson is awesome!
    I think this could easily be the biggest improvement for us this season
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1