+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First Time Poster

Hey guys,

After following this message board for about 3 years, I've finally decided to post! Just wanted to introduce myself, haven't missed a Giants game since 98, born in long island and currently live in Tallahassee, Florida (Law School). I really enjoy a lot of your guys input and want to thank you guys for providing the best team message boards I've ever seen.

Anyway, I just wanted to point a few things out after last weeks game.

1. I have to clap it up for Perry Fewell. For as much as people complain about our defense (especially our secondary), he always draws up a beautiful scheme in big games. Everyone knew to stop the run and throw in a lot of man coverage, but it's another thing to be able to blend it all together and to get your players to execute. For a team that's always hurt or banged up at multiple positions, it takes a lot to be able to mix and match different players to find the right fit to win.

2. I think we've all become spoiled with a Quarterback like Eli Manning. Yeah, he took his licks earlier in his career, but the strides he's taken as a leader and field general are unbelievable. I truly believe that if the ball is in his hands in the 4th quarter, he will put us in a position to win. I also appreciate the way he handles himself on and off the field, couldn't ask for a better QB in the New York media.

3. For as much hate as Bradshaw gets, the guy is just a flat out warrior. Every player has his flaws, but if there is one thing I want my player do to it's to play HARD. This guy runs hard on bad feet and ankles every week. Sometimes the holes just aren't there, and people forget the O-line has a huge responsibility in the run game too. Not saying he is being held back by the o-line, just saying it's not always his fault. Overall I think he is a great player who is one of those guys who leads by example, and I'm happy a guy like David Wilson will be learning his work habits from Bradshaw.

Those are just some thoughts I wanted to share with you guys. Hoping to post much more and let's go kick some Skins *** next week. Go Giants!

Welcome to the boards. And good luck with Law School.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Welcome aboard!!!!!
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Your points are all valid and I agree with you. Bradshaw can claim a considerable amount of credit for our 2 Super Bowl runs and Eli is a once in a lifetime exceptional football player that we are so lucky to have on this team. THANK YOU ERNIE A and WELLINGTON M!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    Your points are all valid and I agree with you. Bradshaw can claim a considerable amount of credit for our 2 Super Bowl runs and Eli is a once in a lifetime exceptional football player that we are so lucky to have on this team. THANK YOU ERNIE A and WELLINGTON M!!!!
    I wish Wellington could have seen this. When he left us all was very cloudy and in doubt.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

welcome
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Welcome. Looking forward to more posts.

Welcome to the board. I am also living outside of the NYC area. I get a lot of flack from Raven and Redskin fans.

nice timing !

and welcome
    Apologize to Melo 5

Welcome!