+ Reply to Thread

Credit where it is due

I was one of the biggest critics of the offensive line last year and thought that it severely limited our offense.

Well, its only fair to give the line a ton of credit for yesterday's success. 100+ rushing yards and 0 sacks against a great defense is nothing to laugh at. The improvement between last year and yesterday is staggering.

If they keep this up, there is not much opposing defenses can do to stop us.

By the way, guess who's given up the fewest sacks this year? We've given up less through six games than we did in the NFC Championship game alone.

Great job.

so many football cliches today.

What's the difference between a ok offensive line, and a great offensive line?

2,000 snaps.

Veteran
    Actually the main difference is we have replaced Diehl and Mckenzie who giant fans should really be proud of. Stalwarts for a long time - but their careers were winding down. Locklear and the young Beatty have come in and really started to solidify the edges along with the black unicorn and hyno. And overall one of the best protectors of Eli is AB and finally Eli himself who seems to save 2-3 sacks a game with quick reads and fast releases. Guy just continues to impress me year to year. Great job by the five upfront to maul in the running game and just kept at it all day. Finally it broke in the fourth - bravo to them and gilbride for sticking with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Actually the main difference is we have replaced Diehl and Mckenzie who giant fans should really be proud of. Stalwarts for a long time - but their careers were winding down. Locklear and the young Beatty have come in and really started to solidify the edges along with the black unicorn and hyno. And overall one of the best protectors of Eli is AB and finally Eli himself who seems to save 2-3 sacks a game with quick reads and fast releases. Guy just continues to impress me year to year. Great job by the five upfront to maul in the running game and just kept at it all day. Finally it broke in the fourth - bravo to them and gilbride for sticking with it.
    I agree. Beatty in particular has played very well. I think the addition of Bennett could also be a contributing factor.

Veteran
    I'm very happy with the oline, Bennett and Hyno. I'm thinking 12 wins if this is a real improvement, and it seems to be.