+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

(Realistic/Educated) Redskins Fan Here

I saw the "REDSKINS WIN!" thread and felt the need to start another from a fan that isn't delusional and actually understands football. No doubt this is the scariest game of the season for us. We have yet to face a defense like the Giants have and you guys can put up points and in a hurry (which our defense is no stranger to this season!). I definitely think we always have a chance to win with RG3 at the helm this year, but am not going to blow it out of proportion and act as if we're just going to walk over what may be the best team in the NFL right now.

That being said, I think a lot of the NFL still has the idea that RG3 is just a college-style QB who is just lucky and/or overrated. What I think is missed is he leads the league with a 70+% completion percentage, 100+ QB rating (2nd to only P. Manning) and I believe also leads the league in yards per completion. He's deadly accurate on the run and incredibly patient and fearless to just stand in the pocket and deliver a pass. Not to mention, he's done this with virtually all no-name receivers with Garcon being out almost the entire year. Add Morris and a shockingly good O-line to the equation and you have a very dangerous offense...which we aren't used to here in Redskins land!

Of course, then you have our defense (ugh). Luckily, they're far better in the redzone than I think they're given credit for, so if they can force you guys in to long drives and eliminate the big play (ala Mr. Cruz), they may have a shot at keeping this close going in the final minutes. The Giants have weapons all over the place, so our front 4 will need to get pressure and fast to keep it from getting out of hand.

I'm at work or I'd be more detailed and I apologize if anything is off/inaccurate as I wrote this in a hurry.

All-in-all, can't wait for this game and best of luck to you guys!

Veteran
    Giants fans don't typically look forward to this game. Redskins always play us tough no matter what.

And I'll be honest, that 76 yd run by RG3 yesterday frightened the heck out of me. I knew he was fast, but I admittingly didn't realize he was THAT fast. I pray that we can seal the edge and contain him and make him beat us with his arm.

You guys beat us with Rex Grossman. Anything can happen. I like it when realistic fans want to talk football. As for the other guy, he was a delusional ****toid.

That's what I like about him. He's incredible from the pocket. My real worry would be our lack of a real #1 being exposed as a result. He can make the throws, but can they run the routes against that Giants D? That I'm not certain of. =\

Should be a tough game. RG3 will be a very good QB. He looks like he is very tough and has a very accurate arm. I was thrilled for the skins that they got him, and not the Eagles or Cowboys. With that said, he isnt as big as a Cam Newton, isnt as quick as Vick. He is somewhere in between, but a far better pocket passer. His weakness will be, as most running style QBs, taking all those hits. He already had 1 concussion. The Giants can knock out a QB with the best of them. Not wishing it, but wouldn't be shocked if it did happen. I actually think a good comparison to "Bob Griffen" is Romo. Both are tough QBs, willing to take hits, and can scramble around in the pocket and make solid throws. Romo has a tendency to show his "Brett Favre" gene a bit too much though and make some costly INTs. RG3 hasnt, so far. But we will see how he fairs after repeatedly getting drilled through the weeks and years. Romo has killed us in the past with the throws on the run, and that is what scares me about RG3 more then his running. (Obviously RG3 is way faster then Romo.)

Redskins fans can finally feel good though because they have a hell of a QB and an exciting offense.

Giants just shut down the 49ers run game though, which was ranked #1 going into the game. I feel we can contain the skins run game as well, and make RG3 run/pass it more. Our running game is starting to really take off. This is what is propelling us to these big wins lately. And the emergence of David Wilson is becoming evident. Dude is a beast on kick returns and it is starting to translate behind the QB.

I feel the loss of Orakpo destroyed your defense though. It is going to be tough to bounce back from that. You need depth in the NFL, as a Giants fan, I know this all to well. I dont see the defense stopping the Giants offense, even with Barry Cofield giving away our signals again, lol. For the first time next weekend, we may be 100% healthy on the recieving corps. Nicks is still not 100%, but should be close to it on Sunday. Cruz is Cruz, straight nasty. Hixon has stepped into the 3rd WR role and is doing very well. Not to mention Bennett, Barden, Randle all stepping up when their numbers are called.

With that said, I think it will be a classic NFC East Battle. We are 0-2 in the East, and I feel like "the better team lost" vs Dallas and Philly, but they were not better on that day. Giants are hungry for that first NFC East win, and need it here. Hopefully the A team shows up for the GMen, cause us fans know they tend to play up and down to their opponents.

Go Giants

Welcome to the boards.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 10-15-2012 at 11:51 AM.

5trive for Fiv5

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Should be a tough game. RG3 will be a very good QB. He looks like he is very tough and has a very accurate arm. I was thrilled for the skins that they got him, and not the Eagles or Cowboys. With that said, he isnt as big as a Cam Newton, isnt as quick as Vick. He is somewhere in between, but a far better pocket passer. His weakness will be, as most running style QBs, taking all those hits. He already had 1 concussion. The Giants can knock out a QB with the best of them. Not wishing it, but wouldn't be shocked if it did happen.
    If we're talking straight line speed then Vick isn't even close to as fast as RG3 IMO. In fact, I'm not sure if 2001 Michael Vick is either. But I will concede the fact that Vick is more of a shady, slippery runner than RG3.

And you're absolutely right about this week and taking the hits. If the Giants get pressure on RG3 then this game will be his on the field training and we'll get to see exactly how tough this kid is.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    If we're talking straight line speed then Vick isn't even close to as fast as RG3 IMO. In fact, I'm not sure if 2001 Michael Vick is either. But I will concede the fact that Vick is more of a shady, slippery runner than RG3.

And you're absolutely right about this week and taking the hits. If the Giants get pressure on RG3 then this game will be his on the field training and we'll get to see exactly how tough this kid is.
    It definitely worries most of us. Though he showed an obvious improvement from the get-go against the Vikings on when to face contact and when not to. Obviously no matter what, he stands a greater chance of injury the more he runs. All I know is in the 29 years I've been alive (24 or so I can actually remember, lol), I don't recall having a player of this talent on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by enforcer_upu View Post
    It definitely worries most of us. Though he showed an obvious improvement from the get-go against the Vikings on when to face contact and when not to. Obviously no matter what, he stands a greater chance of injury the more he runs. All I know is in the 29 years I've been alive (24 or so I can actually remember, lol), I don't recall having a player of this talent on the roster.
    Sean Taylor
    Deion Sanders

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Sean Taylor
    Deion Sanders
    I'm not sure I'm willing to put Deion on there, but without a doubt ST was the best defender they've ever had (I do mean ever). But I've blocked that from my mind just to avoid thinking about what could/should have been

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post

I was stunned at RG3's 76 yrd run yesterday simply because I didn't realize how fast the kid is. It didn't look like he was going that fast but dude could not be caught and it looked effortless. You just don't see speed like that from a QB...