+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Classic Giant Trap Game

Whenever we start feeling great about the Giants they usually play their worst. The Giants should beat the Redskins by 14 points, and that is a conservative number. The Giants have all the motivation: already 0-2 in the division, Skins beat the Giants twice last year, plus the Skins D has been a siv.

As far as I'm concerned this is a must-win for the Giants. It may sound silly to say, but 0-3 in the division and 4-3 overall are places this team doesn't want to be, especially when it gets down to playoff tie-breaker time. The Giants have a chance to put distance between themselves and the rest of this division and I will be terribly dissappointed if they blow it.

I feel more concern over the Skins game than I do the Pies game. Mainly because of III and his ability to not be contained.

i would usually agree with you, and still fear this a bit, but to be honest we lost to these guys twice last year.

i don't think we'll be 'down' for this game.

but its a divisional game, we're not winning by 14.

The Skins have exactly one dynamic player on offense in RG3. He's great but they should be able to scheme for him, maybe similar to what they did for Cam Newton. Otherwise they are average at the reciever positions, especially with Garcon is banged up, Morris is more of a grinder than a game-breaker. Defensively, with Orakpo out, who really scares you? Again, the Giants should dominate on both sides of the ball.

Looking at the Skins, I just don't see how they win this game. Of course I was saying the same things last season and we lost twice to Rex Grossman, so anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    Looking at the Skins, I just don't see how they win this game. Of course I was saying the same things last season and we lost twice to Rex Grossman, so anything is possible.
    if we don't contain RG3 they win pretty easy.

Screw the deadskins, we will destroy them!!!

Just a question for the OP: How the hell can any division game be a trap game?

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    if we don't contain RG3 they win pretty easy.
    That's the only way it happens. RG3 goes off for 200 passing yards and 100 rushing yards or something like that. And if I know it, then I would hope the Giant coaches know it. Of course we all know the words "run containment" and "Osi" typically don't go in the same sentence so...

All-Pro
    Trap game is a myth.