+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Marvin Austin only 7 snaps on Sunday

I'm gonna have to rewatch the game to see where the snaps came at.. but it's interesting he didn't much snaps at all

Marvin Austin: 7 snaps on D, 2 on ST
    Markus Kuhn: 20 snaps on D, 12 on ST
    Keith Rivers: 7 snaps on D, none on ST

Its not that surprising, after the first half, 49ers rarely ran a heavy package, instead were trying to throw the ball.

Starter
    I really don't think he's very good, if we draft a DT high next year I think he is at a high risk of gettin cutt. Liked him out of collage thought he can help us but he was out of football for 2 years and I don't think he has showed the coaching staff much if Kuhn is gettin that many snaps over him. And u can say cause the package this game but I'm pretty sure Kuhn played more then him last game against the Browns too

wow, i had that almost exactly right with Kuhn, somebody was like HE STARTED, and i was like yeah and he played 10 D snaps ... make that 8

Rivers is nursing a hammy, so dont go crazy with his deal

Austin, well cant say how that project is going ... but i'd still keep him over Kuhn when Canty and Bernard get back ... to me, Kuhn could be cut, clear waivers and we could sign him to PSquad hopefully
    Apologize to Melo 5

All-Pro
    If you watch the opening kick off of the second half I think he is the one that pancakes someone to help spring Wilson. He will get more reps.

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    I'm gonna have to rewatch the game to see where the snaps came at.. but it's interesting he didn't much snaps at all

Marvin Austin: 7 snaps on D, 2 on ST
    Markus Kuhn: 20 snaps on D, 12 on ST
    Keith Rivers: 7 snaps on D, none on ST
    But would they really be starting a guy who missed all of last year and has never played NFL ball, and missed his last year of college ball? I wouldn't expect him to be in there that much. Maybe by the end of the season, he'll get a lot more snaps.

Why is he being judged right now?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    But would they really be starting a guy who missed all of last year and has never played NFL ball, and missed his last year of college ball? I wouldn't expect him to be in there that much. Maybe by the end of the season, he'll get a lot more snaps.

Why is he being judged right now?
    I don't think anyone is judging him. I think a lot of us were high on Marvin Austin and are seeing how he is developing and doing on a week to week basis.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    Austin, well cant say how that project is going ... but i'd still keep him over Kuhn when Canty and Bernard get back ... to me, Kuhn could be cut, clear waivers and we could sign him to PSquad hopefully
    I think the fact that Kuhn got 20 snaps on D this past game is a sure sign he is not getting cut. (nor do I think Austin is getting cut). I think the cuts come from somewhere else besides these two but we'll see.

Kuhn played almost 3 times as many snaps as Austin. Assuming that Austin wasn't injured, that doesn't speak well to what the coaches think of Austin.

Did Rivers get re-injured?

So far the guy has been a complete bust. He better start making an impression soon or he is out of here.