+ Reply to Thread

We need a Offensive Tackle for the Future

If u look at all the teams in our division....they have very good offensive tackles except for us. The Cowboys have a great young tackle in Tryon Smith, Redskins have Trent Williams and the Eagles have Jason Peters. And the Giants sadly have Beatty with Diehl backing him up, and Mckenzie

Re: We need a Offensive Tackle for the Future

[quote user="T-Murda84"]If u look at all the teams in our division....they have very good offensive tackles except for us. The Cowboys have a great young tackle in Tryon Smith, Redskins have Trent Williams and the Eagles have Jason Peters. And the Giants sadly have Beatty with Diehl backing him up, and Mckenzie [/quote]

Don't forget about our 4th Round pick BREWER, the project oh wait did he play at all this year?

If you a place a premium on a position, for the most part, you will get premium play. I'd rather Reese hit home runs on his first three picks than harping on value in the 5th and 6th rounds. If the Giants get their future OL, stud LB and do-it-all RB in the first three rounds, I think this team would be on it's way. Now if they could do something about the coaching staff.......
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

[quote user="ANON837"]If you a place a premium on a position, for the most part, you will get premium play.* I'd rather Reese hit home runs on his first three picks than harping on value in the 5th and 6th rounds.* If the Giants get their future OL, stud LB and do-it-all RB in the first three rounds, I think this team would be on it's way.* Now if they could do something about the coaching staff.......
    [/quote]

They've been needing 1st & 2nd rd O-Line & LB players for the last 3 years & JR has done absolutely nothing in that area.

JR-JR-JR- GOTTA- GO-GO-GO

[quote user="T-Murda84"]If u look at all the teams in our division....they have very good offensive tackles except for us. The Cowboys have a great young tackle in Tryon Smith, Redskins have Trent Williams and the Eagles have Jason Peters. And the Giants sadly have Beatty with Diehl backing him up, and Mckenzie [/quote]

They need at lesat one. You can not go into 2012 with McKenzie and Diel as your Tackles. I was also not impressed with Beatty. I think Petrus, Boothe & Snee are fine.

[quote user="Bones911"][quote user="T-Murda84"]If u look at all the teams in our division....they have very good offensive tackles except for us. The Cowboys have a great young tackle in Tryon Smith, Redskins have Trent Williams and the Eagles have Jason Peters. And the Giants sadly have Beatty with Diehl backing him up, and Mckenzie [/quote]

Don't forget about our 4th Round pick BREWER, the project oh wait did he play at all this year?[/quote]

4th rd picks aren't gonna cut it 99.9% of the time. There's an old saying... You get what you pay for... It's time to step up & get no miss draft pics @ O line & LB's or expect the same.

Def of insanity.. Doing the same thing over & over & hoping to get a different result... Ain't gonna happen.....hmmmmmm

Diehl plays like a pile of s@*t. I am tired of this guy. McKenzie is just that bad as well. I really hope we spend sometime looking for a couple decent o-linemen.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="Bones911"][quote user="T-Murda84"]If u look at all the teams in our division....they have very good offensive tackles except for us. The Cowboys have a great young tackle in Tryon Smith, Redskins have Trent Williams and the Eagles have Jason Peters. And the Giants sadly have Beatty with Diehl backing him up, and Mckenzie [/quote]

Don't forget about our 4th Round pick BREWER, the project oh wait did he play at all this year?[/quote] there's plenty of 4th-5th picks playing around the league.....let's not make excuses for another project pick from J.R

4th rd picks aren't gonna cut it 99.9% of the time. There's an old saying... You get what you pay for... It's time to step up & get no miss draft pics @ O line & LB's or expect the same.

Def of insanity.. Doing the same thing over & over & hoping to get a different result... Ain't gonna happen.....hmmmmmm[/quote]