+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tony Dorsett

Tony Dorsett

Every great back has their own distinctive running style. I do see flashes of Tony Dorsett in David Wilson. It has to do with his darting explosive moves through the hole. Any one else here agree?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Every great back has their own distinctive running style. I do see flashes of Tony Dorsett in David Wilson. It has to do with his darting explosive moves through the hole. Any one else here agree?
    Yes. I saw it in his change of gears on that kickoff return as well. Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Yes. I saw it in his change of gears on that kickoff return as well. Good call.
    I expected the old timers to see that. TD was amazing Rosey. I hope that DW is able to realize his full potential.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I expected the old timers to see that. TD was amazing Rosey. I hope that DW is able to realize his full potential.
    I didn't get to see the entire game. I'm going to watch it tonight.

Veteran
    Dorsett certainly had a whizz about him. He could run straight on, but he was at his best spinning, bursting his speed to a new level, plus getting a few extra yds after he is about to be brought down. Loved watching that guy run. I hadn't noticed Wilson whizzing like TD did, but we haven't seen much of him yet.

More like Emit with his size and ability....

i am reminded of gayle sayers. both run similarly. both were track stars iirc. both just looked athletically superior than the competition. he has the potential to be a special special back

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i am reminded of Gayle Sayers. both run similarly. both were track stars iirc. both just looked athletically superior than the competition. he has the potential to be a special special back
    +1 To me David Wilson looks much faster and more explosive than Dorestt and Smith. Sayers was much the same as Wilson, make the break and gone. Not sure if he has the same elusiveness as Sayers. Time will tell. Let's get the kid in an investment program so he doesn't go broke like Dorsett.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    +1 To me David Wilson looks much faster and more explosive than Dorestt and Smith. Sayers was much the same as Wilson, make the break and gone. Not sure if he has the same elusiveness as Sayers. Time will tell. Let's get the kid in an investment program so he doesn't go broke like Dorsett.
    even the way they both hold the ball when in sprint...altho im sure it will look diff with wilson with all the ball protection. but just the way they both glide, they look like they're not even moving yet they are somehow outrunning everyone. badly.
    when ppl were looking at martin, i didnt understand why. he does everything well but nowadays, the nfl, rb's are a dime a dozen. but when a guy like wilson possesses such athleticism speed and burst, thats the kinda guy i'd invest a 1rst in. he could become a special rb...

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    I agree with you, Roc. I think he is quicker to the hole than TD or Emmitt. I think Wilson'e stride is shorter than theirs... but his feet are faster. Wilson doesn't strike me as being as big as his listed weight.
    Yeah, we have a lot more to see of him to characterize him. For now he's just David Wilson, rookie in a learning process, whose best days are still ahead of him.
    The Giant offensive potential has never been so exciting. I'm enjoying it.