+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Tom Coughlin better than Bill Belichick?

Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

He proved it what 3 out of 4 times over the last few years....just sayin!

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    They are the top 2 coaches from this generation. Even amidst all the Coughlin firing rumors (The only time his job was ever in danger was 2007 IMO), Coughlin was still a great coach. He rarely has losing seasons. Belichick had some very rough years in Cleveland when the talent pool wasn't as good. Coughlin took an expansion team with lesser talent and took it to the AFC Champ game in its second season. That alone is extremely impressive. They both have 5 career losing seasons, and Bellichick has never had as good of a division as the NFC East (the Jets, Bills and Dolphins have been terrible for about a decade outside of the Pennington miracles)
    Last edited by Giants5699; 10-15-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Veteran
    Not sure it matters - both very good coaches and one is ours and one used to be ours. I guess its fun to debate but meaningless until careers are over. And again they are both great coaches.

Different styles. Belichick keeps evolving whereas Coughlin keeps perfecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    He proved it what 3 out of 4 times over the last few years....just sayin!
    So Andy Reid is way better than Coughlin as well?

Veteran
    yeah - head to head matchups is kind of an unfair way to decide - i mean 3 games verse a career? Not really fair - again this would make the 11 redskins better then the giants. Gotta look at the overall picture. I think you probably weight the superbowls a bit heavier but again the sample size is so small.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    So Andy Reid is way better than Coughlin as well?
    Nope. Andy won nothin.

i think the next gen ppl will hold BB and TC in the regard that we hold Lombardi, Landry, Shula, Walsh, Madden, etc...

Just knowing of Belichick's cheating lowers his rating to me. That said I am aware he is one of the best and has put up records that are much amired. I just try to never contemplate him.