+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bennet is looking good

Is our KG giving Bennett some crossing routes? I would like him to come out of his blocks. Is KG having him do this?

when we go up against teams that have good front 4's/7's, it seems KG asks Bennett to help in protection. I've noticed he has this little staple of helping in protection and then releasing for a delayed check down route. also bennett has been used, he's just had a couple of quiet games. quiet doesnt mean bad. it just means he's doing things a casual fan won't pick up on, ie playing hurt and toughing it out, helping tremendously with our run game from last to 6th, and to help keep eli upright and go downfield.
    then u factor in he has had at least 3 catches a game iirc, 3 tds, including some clutch ones...he's been awesome for us. i believe he may have abreak out game vs wash

and yes, he's running crossing routes as well as out routes, curls, drags, seam routes, corner routes, post routes, 7 routes, we've even lined him up at wr...guy is a tough beast

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    when we go up against teams that have good front 4's/7's, it seems KG asks Bennett to help in protection. I've noticed he has this little staple of helping in protection and then releasing for a delayed check down route. also bennett has been used, he's just had a couple of quiet games. quiet doesnt mean bad. it just means he's doing things a casual fan won't pick up on, ie playing hurt and toughing it out, helping tremendously with our run game from last to 6th, and to help keep eli upright and go downfield.then u factor in he has had at least 3 catches a game iirc, 3 tds, including some clutch ones...he's been awesome for us. i believe he may have abreak out game vs wash
    i agree on all counts
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

when we go up against teams that have good front 4's/7's, it seems KG asks Bennett to help in protection. I've noticed he has this little staple of helping in protection and then releasing for a delayed check down route. also bennett has been used, he's just had a couple of quiet games. quiet doesnt mean bad. it just means he's doing things a casual fan won't pick up on, ie playing hurt and toughing it out, helping tremendously with our run game from last to 6th, and to help keep eli upright and go downfield.
    then u factor in he has had at least 3 catches a game iirc, 3 tds, including some clutch ones...he's been awesome for us. i believe he may have abreak out game vs wash
    That is nice and his production is still looking good even after being quiet. How many yards you think he will be able to get? I think he has slightly over 200 yards receiving and 3 tds.

I have to agree. Hes a big physical presence and you can tell when he catches a pass. It usually takes 2 people to bring him down. surprisingly i havent paid much attention to how well he blocks but i would imagine hes doing a damn good job

I hope they get him more involved!

again, guys keep looking at bennet as a receiving target first.

don't fool yourself for a second that its a coincidence that our running game is coming back to life the same year that we've got one of the NFL's best blocking TEs.

Let's give our collective heads a shake.

If he doesn't catch another ball this whole season, he will have contributed more to this offense than boss and ballard combined.

to be able to run the ball, ESPECIALLY in the red zone, it going to be worth so much more than 50 rec 600 yds and a few TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    again, guys keep looking at bennet as a receiving target first.

don't fool yourself for a second that its a coincidence that our running game is coming back to life the same year that we've got one of the NFL's best blocking TEs.

Let's give our collective heads a shake.

If he doesn't catch another ball this whole season, he will have contributed more to this offense than boss and ballard combined.

to be able to run the ball, ESPECIALLY in the red zone, it going to be worth so much more than 50 rec 600 yds and a few TDs.
    Amen, I say to you.

Every now and then, we acquire a player I call. a sleeper. Bennett is all that and more.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80