+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: this schedule is going to be a gauntlet

this schedule is going to be a gauntlet

I forgot our BYE is Week 11
    that is great if you're playoff bound and the BigBlue God willing we will be ... but the teams we are facing I think that it being that late in the season is going to hurt us. Our lads will be exhausted come Nov 18th

Silver lining is we get 2 weeks prep on the Packers before a final 6 weeks of big boy games. I guess what doesn't kill ya only makes you stronger

dont get me wrong early BYE's suck *** but week 11?! ... wow

Stay Healthy and Hungry boys !!!

GO GIANTS !!!

10 games left, I see us going 6-4 the rest of the way if not 7-3.

To be honest, the schedule doesn't look anywhere near as daunting as it did during pre-season. Teams like the Steelers and Ravens simply aren't what they were a year ago.

And Atlanta is a "soft" 6-0.

^ Definitely. They've only just scraped out their last two wins. Could be choke time for them.

The Saints defense has been simply awful, the Packers have been erratic, Cincy struggles on D (I reckon this one will be a shoot-out). The hardest games look to be the divisional match-ups.

But of course, anything can happen.

lol

I hope you guys are right but those are high caliber teams and Atlanta will definitely bring a grudge with them

hoping their grudge ends like SF's

Quote Originally Posted by bansaw View Post
    I hope you guys are right but those are high caliber teams and Atlanta will definitely bring a grudge with them
    They are, but they're not unbeatable. Look at the Ravens - they've given up 200 yards rushing in consecutive weeks. They've lost Ray Lewis and Lardarius Webb for the season.

Never mind the names and reputations, look at how they've performed. There are no juggernaught-type teams this season, at least for now there isn't.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 10-16-2012 at 10:29 AM.

The skins are down Carriker and Orakpo (2 of the 3 reasons why they swept us last year), the Cowboys and Eagles don't look anything like they did when they played us. The Saints are downright horrible without Payton, the Packers are having o-line issues (so happy we didnt face them early on with our DOA-line), the Ravens and Steelers are not the teams they once were, and the Falcons are bound to choke sooner or later (not to mention I'm no longer afraid of a team "out for revenge" after this past Sunday)

Honestly, outside of our division which always hulks out against us, the one game I'm most worried about is the Bengals. I would NOT have seen that coming ni preseason...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The skins are down Carriker and Orakpo (2 of the 3 reasons why they swept us last year), the Cowboys and Eagles don't look anything like they did when they played us. The Saints are downright horrible without Payton, the Packers are having o-line issues (so happy we didnt face them early on with our DOA-line), the Ravens and Steelers are not the teams they once were, and the Falcons are bound to choke sooner or later (not to mention I'm no longer afraid of a team "out for revenge" after this past Sunday)

Honestly, outside of our division which always hulks out against us, the one game I'm most worried about is the Bengals. I would NOT have seen that coming ni preseason...
    I wouldnt sleep on the Saints dude.

That offense is scary. Brees is still Brees regardless of who's coaching him.

The good news is Drew won't be playing in his giant living room and we should be able to take advantage of that.

Only teams that worry me right now are philly and the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post

Only teams that worry me right now are philly and the Saints.
    Which is why we need to make sure that the last game of the season vs the Eagles is meaningless.

+ Reply to Thread