View Poll Results: With Juan Castillo gone, will the Eagles be competative w/ the Giants in the divison?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 23.33%
  • No

23 76.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

With Juan Castillo gone, can the Eagles overtake the Giants in the Division?

I vote no. It seems more likely the wheels are falling off on the Eagles organization.

No Sir

No emphatically........and I don't understand HOW firing the DC for that team solves their issue. Right now their issue is Vick, and his inability to run that offense without turning the ball over. Maybe you cab pin some of that on the OL for not protecting well.......but I think most of the fault is on Vick.

Wink

WOW, the Mods are fast!
    TC: My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died.

Reese: Tough

TC: Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!

As long as Michael Vick is their QB, no.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Their defense has actually been solid, right? Reid probably just needed a scapegoat, even though it's really their offense and Vick turning it over that's been the issue.

So the Eagles don't fix their problems on Offense and potentially make their defense weaker. Works for me.

their D finished strong last season and of all the defenses we played this season they gave us the most headaches, especially in that 1st half

and last i checked their turnovers and their constant abandoning of the run are far more a problem, then their D

and when the 4th quarter comes around in this league, well it's advantage O, so to panic after losing a 10 point lead is crazy .. their O needed to put up another score to protect that lead

as far as the poll, they've already been competitive with us, so this move wont change anything, since Juan dont play on Sundays last i checked

i view this move as a low risk, flashy move to try to artificially put the team on notice ... i cant see this helping in the long run ... maybe it does short term ... if Andy is going out this year, then he's going tear some stuff down on his way out the door
    Last edited by GMan-67; 10-16-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    Apologize to Melo 5

the eagles are harder to figure out then the Giants are at times. They can be great and then suck so badly.
    I say they are in the midst of crashing and burning. Vick gets hurt this week or next week. Or gets pulled for too many T/Os.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

This was a great line in the article on NFL.com

It's a remarkable move because Castillo's defense has been better than Reid's offense.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...delphia-eagles

Personally, I think with Nmadi questioning the coaching scheme, things are not all right with this defense. And, the offensive line isn't going to fix itself, so it doesn't matter who the QB is. I sense a team that is about to implode. They will be calling for Reid's head again (like last year) in a couple of weeks, if not sooner.
    Last edited by Mercury; 10-16-2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by FourthAndOne View Post
    Their defense has actually been solid, right? Reid probably just needed a scapegoat, even though it's really their offense and Vick turning it over that's been the issue.

So the Eagles don't fix their problems on Offense and potentially make their defense weaker. Works for me.
    x2