+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

No Doubts Anymore: Giants are one of the NFL's best

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...e-of-nfls-best

Excerpt: "
    The Giants proved they are one of the best teams in the NFL on Sunday and a definite threat to repeat as Super Bowl champions. But thatís not just because they hammered the 49ers in San Francisco.

Itís because they found yet another way to win.

That, to me, is the most interesting thing about these Giants, one year after Eli Manning carried them on his back for almost the entire season. Sure, they can win that way again. Just look at his comeback win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. But they also showed they could beat you on the ground, as evidenced by their win over the Cleveland Browns when Ahmad Bradshaw ran for 200.

On Sunday in San Francisco, it was the defenseís turn. On a day when Manning didnít even throw for 200 yards, the Giantsí defense absolutely dominated a team that had put up 1,000 yards and 79 points in his previous two games. Iím sure there have been better defensive performances by this unit in the last five years, but this one has to be in the Top 5, I would think. They forced three interceptions by a quarterback who had thrown six in his previous 21 games. They held the 49ers to just 80 rushing yards Ė 115.8 below their average.

Yes, the Giants have their maddening moments, like losing at home on Opening Night to the Cowboys or falling behind the Browns, 14-0, at home in the first five minutes. Their erratic history certainly should keep everyone on the edge of their seats when they play host to the Washington Redskins on Sunday." Read more...
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

# 80

If the defense plays like it just did, we could be THE best

Banned
    4 best teams in the NFC are Giants, Packers, Bears and 49ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    idk if u guys are there yet, but if u play how u played in Houston then u are

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2088 View Post
    idk if u guys are there yet, but if u play how u played in Houston then u are
    I had no faith at all before the Houston game but now we have to beat the Rams on the road. No easy task then we got Jacksonville and Arizona at home. I would love to be 6-3 after that stretch. Happy they proved me wrong for another week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    Replaces the Bears with the Falcons and you may be correct

you cant just decide to forget the only undefeated team

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post

true forgot bout them too, no matter how soft they look, they are 6-0 n deserve credit

Banned
    I think it would help the Pack if we played you guys out there in the playoffs. Lambeau is not Homefield advantage to us anymore. We should just put a roof on the place lol.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post

Falcons??? The Falcons??? REALLY!!!! IDK about that one.

On a day when Manning didn’t even throw for 200 yards,

I think he could of easily achieved that when he had over 160 yards at the half. But the Giants were so dominant they ran the ball like 15 straight times in the fourth quarter to end the game. I know other teams like the Packers and Patriots and Cowboys would of kept throwing the ball to pump up their QBs stats, but we just Forest Gumped it.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."