+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Can Eli win a SB without coughlin?

I don't know about that maybe, TC is probably the reason the whole team plays better when trailing in games and comes from behind and plays great when underdogs. When TC retires the era might be over with it.

I believe he can.

Too vague of a question friend. What pieces does he have available? What's the new HC like? Is our pass rush still good? etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Too vague of a question friend. What pieces does he have available? What's the new HC like? Is our pass rush still good? etc.
    Gilbride is the new HC. lol

All-Pro
    I guess it would depend on who replaces him... and while Eli has been great, I wouldn't say "can Eli win", there are a lot of other players around him that have an impact on their success. I think Eli would be a great QB in most situations, but just having a great QB doesn't equate to Super Bowls, just ask Marino.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    He should get the chance if Coughlin retires.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I guess it would depend on who replaces him... and while Eli has been great, I wouldn't say "can Eli win", there are a lot of other players around him that have an impact on their success. I think Eli would be a great QB in most situations, but just having a great QB doesn't equate to Super Bowls, just ask Marino.
    good post, agreed teams win SB's

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    Not sure I like that idea lol. He's proven to be a great coordinator but like Wade Phillips or Norv Turner, not sure I'd trust him as a HC. I still think Eli would be able to pull it off since he would have the option system still in place. Though I think JPP will be the 2nd most important piece in getting another SB.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Not sure I like that idea lol. He's proven to be a great coordinator but like Wade Phillips or Norv Turner, not sure I'd trust him as a HC. I still think Eli would be able to pull it off since he would have the option system still in place. Though I think JPP will be the 2nd most important piece in getting another SB.
    i wouldnt like him as HC either.

now can you kindly replace your sig ,i find it disrespectful Warner being a great Giant and all.

well dont really know for sure. Depends on the HC, OC, DC.....etc. But we will probably find out in the next 5 years or so. Maybe sooner...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch