Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cruz

21 31.34%
  • Nicks

46 68.66%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

How is cruz not the best receiver the giants has ever had?

And dont get all butt hurt about the question. I know a lot of you love nicks and i do also. But there is nothing wrong with debating which player is better. And yes, i CARE who people think is better regardless of if they are both good and on the same team. And YES i am HAPPY and grateful to have both. I am happy, and satisfied.

Now that this is out of the way, can we have a friendly debate as to why some of you think Nicks is better than cruz?

Nicks is the most physically dominant receiver the giants have ever had. He can go one on one on the outside against the best CBs in the game, and beat them any way he wants. He can run vertically, and has perhaps the strongest hands of any receiver in the league.

Cruz is much more finesse, he gets his two way go's inside usually against an opposing teams third corner. Cruz has great lateral movement, and can make guys miss, and he does a great job high pointing throws, but he is not a downfield threat like Nicks is, and I dont think Cruz would do that well against a more physical CB once they get their hands on him.

Well they are both valuable in their own way. I don't think I could pick one over the other
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Cruz and Nicks compliment eachother like peanut butter and jelly. I can't pick one or the other.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Nicks is the better all-around receiver he can beat you with his strength or speed plus hes got some of the best hands in the nfl.
    ​​​

Either is better with the other on the field
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I picked Nicks as to me he fits the true #1 role... but Cruz is so much more than a #2 receiver.

We are as fortunate as it gets.
    BASTE MODE

--80--

Cruz is the better dancer and media figure but Nicks is more smooth with the ladies.

Seriously though, I'm biased towards Nicks because I enjoy his style of play more than the slot work that Cruz does. I just love how Nicks jumps up and extends out so far to grab passes he has no business getting.

I refuse to vote. They are both top notch guys.

From a different perspective, I'd say Plaxico Burress. Sorry, but the guy in his prime was a stud. Not to mention he caught a superbowl winning catch from Eli. Something Cruz and Nicks havent done.

Bench Player
    When Nicks is actually on the field I think he is the best reciever the giants have ever had. That being said, Cruz is more solid of a guy i.e. doesn't get injured like uhhhhh every single other reciever we have on the roster.