+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When Chris Canty Returns for NY Giants, Who Gets Sent Packing

http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/17/when-chris-canty-returns-for-new-york-giants-who-gets-sent-packing/

Excerpt: "
    New York Giants defensive tackle Chris Canty hasn't stepped foot on afootball field all year, thanks to an offseason knee surgery that landed him on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list. But Canty never thought he would need six weeks to get the knee ready and he returned to practice as soon as he was eligible to, so there's no reason to think he won't be ready to suit up Sunday when the Giants face off with Robert Griffin III and the Washington Redskins.

But if Canty is added to the 53-man roster, somebody needs to be removed from it to make room. Who's the unlucky chap that's released or placed on Injured Reserve (IR)? Well, let's take a look at some of the candidates." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    I'd say its a toss up between Petrus and JJ. Don't dislike either one and I'm not ready to give up on either one. Probably will be Petrus though. They already let him go once and they drafted JJ in the 3rd round just last year. Now when Hill comes back who will they let go of?

Will Hill played great maybe but in 3 games anything can happen we could have an injury by then

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Will Hill played great maybe but in 3 games anything can happen we could have an injury by then
    agreed

Tryon, I reckon.

My money is on Petrus taking a walk in favor of Canty. If nobody is injured when Hill comes back, it's a tossup between Hill himself, Sash, or Tryon...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I think we had a similar thread a few days ago. I still think Petrus will be released. Diehl is back and can fill in at guard or tackle. Cordle can play guard and center. I think versatility Keeps them both. Petrus was released once and had no hits. It will probably happen again. I didn't know Ojomo was still dealing with a hamstring. I guess if he doesn't improve, he could be moved to IR. I haven't really heard anything for sure on him. Ha anyone else heard whats going on with Ojomo injurywise?

Any word if hes practicing tomorrow? I really hope he is, we need him back badlyyyy. It may take a few weeks for him to get up to speed...but whatever it takes...hes an anchor for our DL and has been sorely missed

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    I think we had a similar thread a few days ago. I still think Petrus will be released. Diehl is back and can fill in at guard or tackle. Cordle can play guard and center. I think versatility Keeps them both. Petrus was released once and had no hits. It will probably happen again. I didn't know Ojomo was still dealing with a hamstring. I guess if he doesn't improve, he could be moved to IR. I haven't really heard anything for sure on him. Ha anyone else heard whats going on with Ojomo injurywise?
    The Giants are playing their cards carefully with him. There isn't much room for him right now but the coaching staff thinks he will be a potential player. We will likely IR him to save him for next year. We did it with Cruz.....dont be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Any word if hes practicing tomorrow? I really hope he is, we need him back badlyyyy. It may take a few weeks for him to get up to speed...but whatever it takes...hes an anchor for our DL and has been sorely missed
    He's supposed to be practicing this week, yes.

MUCH better.