+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Marvin Austin?????

He started a game against the Browns and then lost his starting job to Markus Kuhn ( a seventh round pick ) is it just about time to give up on this guy or can he turn it around still....I was so excited when we drafted him and thought he could be the dominant DT we have not had since the days of Keith Hamilton.

How do you give up on a guy who has only 7 games under his belt as a pro???
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Banned
    They're probably just trying to motivate him. He's technically still a rookie.

did he start that game?, i thought i remember Kuhn out there when Trent ripped off those 1st 2 runs and a TD after our fumble

but either way, he is currently behind Kuhn on the depth chart

but if we have Joseph, Canty and Bernard all healthy we wont need him or Kuhn ... they would just simply be emergency depth

esp. when you consider we use Tuck, JPP and Kiwi at DT in different packages and vs. SF we were using those guys even on non-passing downs and that was party due to neither Kuhn or Austin being able to hold up

now Austin has more upside than Kuhn, but yeah progress has been slow for him ... he's gotta get going
    Apologize to Melo 5

What is with people and wanting to drop/cut anyone that doesn't instantly play like an all-pro...
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

To me, it was not a good sign when he showed up for off-season workouts out-of-shape. After two years of not playing, you would think that the guy would have showed up in tip-top shape ready to show everyone what he can do . . . . .

If not for Canty and Bernard being injured, I doubt Austin would have seen much, if any, game time snaps. The organization is, by design, patient with all of the draft picks. This is a guy who missed his last year in college and his first year in the NFL. They are going to give him time to develop into the potential they see in him.

Having said that, the snaps he is getting move his development along faster than woulod otherwise be possible.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-17-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    To me, it was not a good sign when he showed up for off-season workouts out-of-shape. After two years of not playing, you would think that the guy would have showed up in tip-top shape ready to show everyone what he can do . . . . .
    He tore his pec. Out of shape may not mean he was fat, just that his strength had suffered from not being able to lift.

All-Pro
    I'm curious to see how people are if Canty takes few games to get back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    I'm curious to see how people are if Canty takes few games to get back to normal.
    Isn't that a given?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1