+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm too optimistic, talk me down.

I'm a pessimist by nature, in life and especially my teams.

But I feel good about the Giants just now.

Obviously, Sunday has a lot to do with that, but it kind of goes deeper.

I was listening to the Rich Eisen podcast tonight ,when I was walking the dogs and it's heaped on the feelgoodness.

Rich is always good with Giants love anyway.

But I'm thinking we have real depth at RB and WR, the lines have both stiffened, Eli is a top 5 QB by any measure even the much maligned secondary is stepping up (a lot to do with Prince being in and healthy IMHO).
    Special teams seem to be consistent tale of short fields for us, long fields for them, with Weatherford just a beast of a punter and Tynes doing well, in spite of the Philly incident.

Now this feeling could all turn to dust against Washington Sunday (particularly if last season is any measure) but for now I'm far too happy for a Giants fan in October.

Help?

Just think of how they swept us last year, with Sexy Rexy.

Please support.

It's a long season... We're not at the halfway point.

The schedule is brutal.

As usual the team can be magnificent one week and putrid the next.

Coughlin's teams always go 6-2 in the first half and then things turn sour and we don't always recover...

Coughlin's Nov/Dec record is still below .500.

Aside from the 2 SB runs this team hasn't won a playoff game.

It's only won one home playoff game since 2001.

It's blown the #1 seed and went one-and-done 3 times.

It still has lost something like 8 out of 9 against Philly, whom we play in week 17.

A few (more) key injuries could sink the team.

Except for 2 games the defense has been toothless.

Did that work?
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-17-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

I'm trying, but things feel ...... different somehow.

compared to the Scotland Football team Ken .........im not surprised !!!
    Non Omnis Moriar

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendo15 View Post
    I'm trying, but things feel ...... different somehow.
    I know what you are going through. I feel the same way. This reminds me of the 2008 season following the Super Bowl win in Super Bowl 42. Even the schedule is pretty much identical. You have a fresh Super Bowl title in your back pocket and it is recognizable that this team had little to no dropoff talent wise (even improved) in the offseason. It now begins to translate on the field and you feel all warm and fuzzy inside lol. Yes I know the feeling well. Has this team thus far been as dominant as that 2008 squad not at all but you see signs of an ability to be just as dominant if not moreso as that squad was before Plax messed it all up for us. Let's hope the dominance we know is there keeps showing up and sustains itself throughout the entire season with no Plax incident this time.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Banned
    Last year when we beat the Pats, I told my wife that we were gonna win the Superbowl. Then we started losing and then I changed my mind. Then we went on a run and actually won it all. This team seems to play better with their backs against the wall. I don't plan on losing to a lesser opponent, I expect it but in the end, it's needed. Just buckle your chinstrap, there's a lot of football left to play & try to remain calm when things doesn't look too good. I see and feel it too.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Aside from the 2 SB runs this team hasn't won a playoff game.
    Ha! Literally LOL'd and lost it on this one......should be heavy RED.

I grew up a pessimist but thrived as one.....learned from the old crumudgeons who sat in front of me in the old stadium.....first play of the game goes nowhere on O and it was game over.......those guys were miserable.

The NFL is really good at bringing fans back to reality.....Skins game last year.....Giants to the Pats, Niners and Pack in last year's games.......unfortunately chances are there will be an ugly loss at some point this season......might be this game.

fans tend to go to extremes ... either we are terrible or we are the greatest thing ever ... gotta keep it all in perspective .... this NFL is so week to week and it's a marathon, not a sprint and a war of attrition

take games like we had at GB in 2010 or at NO in 2011 ... hard to watch and it's so easy to fall into the trap of thinking that we could never beat those teams or win in general

but on the flip side, our beat down of SF ... as gratifying as it was ... really doesnt mean that much, at least if you were a fan that realized already what we are capable of

if some fans really believed we werent good and then watched that game, well then it's an eye opener, but for me ... i really wasnt shocked, surprised sure ... i was expecting a game similiar to our last 2 meetings

but we had somebody on here saying if we lose by less than 20 it's a moral victory ... how could someone think that ??

so long story short, one game at a time and nobody wins a Super Bowl in Week 6 or Week 7 and you dont lose one either
    Apologize to Melo 5

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kendo15 View Post
    I'm a pessimist by nature, in life and especially my teams.

But I feel good about the Giants just now.

Obviously, Sunday has a lot to do with that, but it kind of goes deeper.

I was listening to the Rich Eisen podcast tonight ,when I was walking the dogs and it's heaped on the feelgoodness.

Rich is always good with Giants love anyway.

But I'm thinking we have real depth at RB and WR, the lines have both stiffened, Eli is a top 5 QB by any measure even the much maligned secondary is stepping up (a lot to do with Prince being in and healthy IMHO).
    Special teams seem to be consistent tale of short fields for us, long fields for them, with Weatherford just a beast of a punter and Tynes doing well, in spite of the Philly incident.

Now this feeling could all turn to dust against Washington Sunday (particularly if last season is any measure) but for now I'm far too happy for a Giants fan in October.

Help?
    That was Last year ! It's a New season !
    I have only one problem with Beating RG3 and the Skins this Sunday ! He's going to be very P#$$@D OFF come December 3, when we play them again ! lol
    So then what do we Do ? Go head say IT !!! Beat them again !
    Go Giants !