+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 491 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

not nat'l broadcast...so what's happening?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Its 85-75, trailblazers
    ​​​

so how did Amar'e look? I know that Melo dropped 45 on 'em and we still ended up losing...

He looked rusty as expected. He finished with 6 points, 1 block, and 2 Turnovers in 17 minutes. He was 3-8 shooting with 2 nice dunks.
    ​​​

Quote Originally Posted by thegiantsrule10 View Post
    He looked rusty as expected. He finished with 6 points, 1 block, and 2 Turnovers in 17 minutes. He was 3-8 shooting with 2 nice dunks.
    like you said, rusty as expected...sucks about the loss too. Defense letting up again to allow 105 points?

Nice bounce back win for the Knicks against SA. Defense picking back up now that they're getting some big bodies back in Camby and Stat.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
    Iman Shumpert, who was running and dunking during a pregame workout, hopes to be cleared to practice this week.

When was Shumpert's initial ETA? February?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I love the fact that this KNICKS team is living up to the hype finally! I argued/debated so many times about last yrs knciks team being a huge dissapointment with someone on here, and now as u can see, this is why! Finally MELO came into his own and started playing how everyone knew he could toward the end of the reg season last yr, and he has not stopped since.. I'll also add, Tyson Chandler has really picked up his level of play this yr, and i was the only one who complained about wanting more from him, as i wasen't as impressed as most with his effort on a daily basis.. Well, i am now! Hes been 100pct better player this yr then last for us..

Also, to think Iman Shumpert is gonna get some of Brewers minutes will only make us better, as Shump is clearly a more talented all around player then Brewer, and he shoots FT's better as well..

What a pickup Jason Kidd is turning out to be.. I absoulutley loved teh pickup of the vets we got, for the most part, and when most were trying to say that were to old, i kept on saying we had so much depth that the older guys won't be on the court enough for them to wear down like they were talking about, adn thats exactly whats happening.. As it turns out, we might not have enough minutes to go around, as guys like Copeland continue to show they belong, and guys like Wallace give us value minutes off the bench, and in comes Amare and Shump to add to a loaded roster all ready...

WHAT A FUN YR TO BE A KNICKS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets kick CHI TOWNS rear end tonight! Revenge!!!
    you are one delusional individual. the way the knicks are playing this year actually proves nearly every point that i made about last year. you argued with me that the knicks underachieved and i pointed out specific logical reasons why. you ****ted on carmelo all year long and ignored the fact that the knicks had boat load of adversity.

do i need to requote myself or should i just go off the top of my head? let's see....

dantoni is a horrible coach that is reliant on elite level point guard play. the knicks had tony douglas and mike bibby as their point guards to start the year.

the lockout and no training camp hurt the knicks more than most other teams because the roster was completely different than the year before. plus dantoni was constantly changing the rotations due to all the injuries plus simply trying to figure out what worked.. the roster completely changed when the knicks traded for melo, and then again completely changed in the offseason when they acquired chandler among others and let billups and others go. the lockout led to teams having little to no practice time to get better.

melo was hurt for a good portion of the year. he was also surrounded by a cast of scrubs for the most part. JR smith came over mid season, lin and novak emerged when melo and stat were hurt, stat's brother died in a car accident. the list goes on and on.

i said multiple times coming into this season, that this year would be the true defining season to see if this knicks team can be legit contenders. the reasons were simple. the knicks signed some good point guards in kidd, felton and pablo... as well as other good pickups like brewer, camby, rasheed, etc. the knicks finally had a full training camp and preseason with the roster in tact, but most importantly they finally had a competent coach that knew how to play to his players strengths.

the second woodson took over as coach you could see the difference, he is a good coach that holds his players accountable.

sorry if i seem like i'm attacking you but i saw you in essence say that how well the knicks are playing this year proves that you were right about them being a disappointment last year under completely different circumstances, which is nonsense. i forgot to even mention fields lol. the knicks backcourt for the early part of the season was douglas/bibby and fields/shumpert. you're not winning many games with that backcourt regardless of who you have up front.

i feel great about the fact that i defended carmelo and stood by him and stated several times that i was not worried about him at all going into this year. meanwhile haters such as yourself criticized him every chance you got and wanted to blow up the team and start over and rebuild through the draft. thankfully our GM isn't as irrational as some of the so called fans out there. i've seen a few of your posts bashing eli too so i guess you just get off on putting down the far and away best players on your favorite teams.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 01-07-2013 at 05:30 PM.

rondo out for tonight's game for bumping into a ref lol

i hate the celtics like i hate the eagles. i hope for good blowout win in the first 3 quarters so we can rest our guys in the 4th.

+ Reply to Thread